AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Post Only Links For WMC2.0 Only, not windows media player11. thanks. i cant use wmp11.

My windows firewall is messed up, so i have to use windows media connect 2.0 to stream movies to my xbox, except the only version i can find is in russian. I was able to translate some of it, and got it to work, but i was wondering if anyone has the english version still.

I cant find the english version anywhere.

If you still have it or know where to download it, could you please post the link or let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain /forum/post/0

you do realize the reason it's buried on microsoft's website is because its built into windows media player 11, right? if you're running wmp11 you don't need media connect at all...

No i dont have wmp11 because it wont stream to my xbox360 for some reason, only wmc 2.0 works.

Dont ask me why, but ive tried a billion times and had to uninstall wm11.

Thanks for the link, but its not a link to be able to download the software!

Ive found that link a million times already, but is there anywhere i mean anywhere to download JUST windows media connect 2.0??

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm with you, mmilam. WMP11 just WON'T allow a connection to my 360. The 360 is SEEN in WMP11 with the little green check mark, but that's as far as the connection goes.

This thread on the Xbpx forums talks about deleting the DRM files to get it to work. I haven't tried it:
http://forums.xbox.com/7738641/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Have you tried http://www.tversity.com/home yet? It works well for me and I left WMP11's server (which does work for me) on as a fallback.

TVersity's site offers lots of "I can't get it to connect" help...

·
Registered
26 Posts
 xbox.com/pcsetup

This may not be the exact link but the xbox support page has the windows media connect file 2.0 file for download. I had trouble setting it up, had the problem narrowed down to firewall ports in symantec. I opted to use MCE extender which was easier to setup.

Good luck

·
Registered
608 Posts
You don't have to use the Zune software its just the page on Xbox.com is misleading. My question I have for the OP is when WMP11 was installed were you able to play any streaming media from the internet that would use the WMP11 software? Like say compfused.com site. If your not able to stream anything then the fix is go to control panel/ internet options/ connections tab/ click lan settings and make sure the automatically detect settings box is checked off. I had a similar problem as you and this fixed it. Not sure why WMP11 unchecks this box but its a fairly easy fix that goes unchecked if your having problems

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmstyle /forum/post/0

You don't have to use the Zune software its just the page on Xbox.com is misleading. My question I have for the OP is when WMP11 was installed were you able to play any streaming media from the internet that would use the WMP11 software? Like say compfused.com site. If your not able to stream anything then the fix is go to control panel/ internet options/ connections tab/ click lan settings and make sure the automatically detect settings box is checked off. I had a similar problem as you and this fixed it. Not sure why WMP11 unchecks this box but its a fairly easy fix that goes unchecked if your having problems

Nope, that wasnt the problem.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I also have had probs with WMP11. When I go to library, media sharing, and check off "share my media", the pc thinks a little, then brings back up the "ok" and "cancel" boxes without doing anything. If I close out that box and reopen, "share my media" is unchecked.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I recently upgraded from wmp10 to 11, not knowing that 11 takes over WMC (or maybe I just forgot). I have to say...I like the simple interface of WMC in comparison to WMP. A lot less fluff (IMHO) to cut through to share files with the 360.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you had a working connection using WMC 2.0, then lost it when you "upgraded" to WMP 11 or the Zune Player. You need to delete the old connection from your 360 and establish a new one. Here's how.

Step 4: Removing Existing Connection

In the System section, select Computers.

Select Windows-based PC , and then press the A button.

Select Disconnect.

Press the B button repeatedly until you return to the System section.

Step 5: Configure your Xbox 360

To configure music, picture and video sharing

In the Media section, select Music, Picture or Photos .

Select Computer , and then press the A button.

Select YES, Continue , and then press the A button.

Select your Windows XP-based PC, and then press the A button.

Find the music, pictures, or video you want to play, and select an item to play it.

Doing this worked for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.