AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just spent ages looking through here, MYHTPC resources and Google for some combination of files that will let me operate windows media player with my HCPC/Pronto/Girder but am not having any luck :(

So far I have come up with almost nothing, just a WM9 GML file on it's own (but I obviously still need a Pronto CCF file to tie in with that).

Could anyone point me in the right direction or post their files?

TIA :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not sure if this is what you want to do, but were you asking how to control WMP with your Pronto? If that is the case, what I did to control Winamp with my Pronto/Tira 2/Girder setup was to use one of the built in remote CCF codes from ProntoEdit (from a manufacture that I don't own, like a Yamaha CD Changer), and used girder to map those codes to the Winamp plugin.

Sorry if this isn't what you meant.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rip,

Yeah, that is what I meant. I don't use Winamp tho and was hoping I could just get a CCF/GML combo for WMP.

However, I guess it would make things easier if I just used one of the more commonly Pronto supported apps to play my media files.

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,467 Posts
WMP has never been one of the most popular programs, and thus has very little support. Considering all the time and effort that goes into these projects, most of us have felt that we would rather support apps that have a larger audience. You can take a look at our current, very small list by clicking on the link in my signature. Of course, if you would like to do the work, we will be more than happy to add the combo to our library! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bob, I appreciate that there are better apps, I just use it 'cos it does the job and I don't need any advanced features/bloat (well, any more of it ;) ).

I have the WMP GML file so if someone could tell me how to map the signals onto a CCF I'd be only too happy to do it :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Goof,

Is there something wrong with the 3 variations available on Girder in the exported groups section?

http://www.girder.nl/exportgr.php

Here's the download link to the most popular one:

http://www.girder.nl/download.php?Link=482

What I found funny is the second sentance of the Girder homepage references controlling windows media player:

"Girder controls programs like WinAmp and Windows Media Player using infrared and wireless remote controls so you can sit back and enjoy your digital library from your couch"

I have WM9 support in my Girder scripts. I'm guessing it will become more popular as more high def. content (coral reef, T2) becomes available, which is the only reason to use it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Orbitz, any quick tips on how I get the GML codes mapped onto any given CCF then? I'll just use a generic CCF with Play, rewind etc...

·
Registered
779 Posts
I hate to say it, I do it the old fashioned way and use "learn event" for each gml code. Still, it will take only as long as it takes for you to press the learn event key on girder, and press the corresponding button on your pronto. My "IR" in is a slink-e which is quite reliable. I used to use an IRman, which worked well too.

Which IR receiver are you using? Make sure it's enabled in Girder!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Orbitz, I am using an IRman too which works fine (am using it with Theatertek), it's just I haven't done anything like this before (learning events from Girder, that is).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.