AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have purchased 4 Gateway Touchpads which I have windows 98 installed on and want to use these computers as remote controls via IR.

Is there any software available as a GUI interface to control my equipment via IR through these computers? I havn't seen to find any real links to any software like this anywhere. If you could e-mail me with links or post them here that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Chris

·
Registered
108 Posts
I could be wrong here, but if you had wireless ethernet connections on the tablet (802.11), you could probably use Girder to control anything on your HTPC via the TCP/IP plug-in.

You could also true use remote desktop software via TCP/IP, but that would be slower (PC Anywhere, Timbuktu, VNC) and I wouldn't recommend bogging down an HTPC with those memory/resource hogs.

-Jeff

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I'm looking to control source units like my Denon Receiver, DSS receiver etc with the interface sort of like the Crestron, AMX or others out there via IR.

thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Chris,

Take a look at the threads for the Point 510. There is a program called "DT Pro" that is due to be released by one of the forum members (search for posts by 'eisenb11') that will do exactly what you are looking for and do so for only $25.00. There was a thread called "Digital Theater update" yesterday that will provide details.

-PGPfan

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
One thing is those probably come with IRDA ports (PC IR) but your denon is looking for consumer IR... Look at the IRDA plug in from Girder but AFAIK it is clearly 'unsupported' and if it works consider yourslef lucky...

Of course you can add IR out with a URIT (again check the Girder forum) and this 'out' can be from any PC on the network if you get clever with the TCP/IP network control (again Girder)...

Check out Talisman (have a look at my site in the Sig) to make it pretty and you are good to go...

Also search and check DTPro as thats exactly what this will be designed for...

I have 2 webpads on 802.11 wireless network for this purpose but am not yet controlling my reciever or other IR devices...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.