AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally dropped my X-meridian sound card in favor of HDMI to a fancy receiver.

Because of that, I find that I frequently need to switch the number of speakers that windows (XP) thinks it has from stereo to 5.1 and sometimes 7.1 to match the media I am playing. The normal way is via "control panel -> sounds and audio devices -> advanced" which gets tedious pretty quick.

I'm looking for a little utility that would sit in the taskbar tray and let me just pick the speaker configuration from a fast drop-down menu. Anyone know of such a thing?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

Doesn't ReClock Kernel Streaming work?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't do what I need to do. It doesn't work with foobar, it doesn't work with vlc and it can't figure out when 2.0 audio is embedded in a 5.1 bit-stream and needs to be converted to 2.0 pcm so dolby IIx will do the right thing with it.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

It is Kernel Streaming that matters (not ReClock itself) and foobar2000 supports KS with the plugin foo_out_ks.dll. VLC... not much to say about this...

You can write a simple AutoHotkey script to switch between speaker configurations ( a hint ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts