AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost finalized building my HTPC from scratch, eagerly anticipating Windows Vista, once I am a gammer hooked to XBOX360 and PC Gamming, and well as a music enthusiast. (see specs at the bottom of this post).

The missing piece is the HDTV Turner to enable recording TV content (something I still don't have: no TiVo, etc...). Media Center gets better and better and shows a piece of hardware in the beginning that is the HDTurner. Does any one knows which one this is ? Kind of look like OEM, still not available, I am not sure.

My question, that might be simple is: Can anyone point a good solution for recording HDTV on the PC, under Windows Vista (Ultimate in my case, not that it matters that much) ?

Windows Media Center & Vista : Online Media : CES , but not necessarily a must.

My PC main specs are as follows:

. Case Antec - LifeStyle Fusion

. MoBo Intel DG965OT

. CPU Intel Core Duo E6600

. RAM Kingston 2GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM

. Video Board BFG 8800 GTS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Chris, what is the next best solution at the moment that is available for purchasing ? Should I still hold until Vista is out, and give it a few months for the parts manufactures to come out with their solutions ?

given I have a nVidia video board, I do not want to scramble things inside, by putting an ATI turner...

Windows Market Place lists several options, such as Hauppauge, AverMedia & ATI. These are either PCI or USB. Any particular brand/model I should get now, or still wait a bit for the fully "Vista" enabled ?

I have also read and heard a lot on Vista, from Paul Thurrott's Windows Super Site & the podcast with TWiT , still I can't seem to wait to have it installed to play around. I did try RC1, but the Extender was not working at all back then, so I can't really know what to expect (I also run XP Prof at home and not MCE).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.