AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the XP hotfixes that were password protected on the Microsoft site can be downloaded, password free, from this location:
http://www.etplanet.ca

I have them all installed and can't notice any difference at all, but then again what did I expect?

http://news.inmatrix.com/Stats.gif

:D :D :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More specifically, you can download them here:
XP Hotfix Leak

(15 megs)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think the ones You put up where the same that I had seen from another site. They are pasword protected. When You are on the phone with tech support, they email those files for hotfixes, along with a password. I didnt look to confirm, but the Win2K directory I did look, and they required passwords to open the .exe zip files. This thread refers to no password protection hotfixes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone know of a working link? The link above has already been removed. If no link could someone email me the fixes at [email protected] . My XP will not let me make a new file in the conventional right mouse click, new, file way. I wonder if the fix is going to help this? Also sometimes after turning off and back on the system auto cycles through the log-on screen and goes to the starting windows screen and hangs. Hope this can be fixed to...aggravating is not the word.

AudioFileZ

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Electronic Punk:

___Since the OS is not yet available to the public per the std. channels, might I ask that you to not post a link to any Hot Fixes until it is. I am not sure if this is legal or not and I may be overreacting but to err on the side of caution may be in the forums best interest. Discussing the Hot Fixes is one thing, linking them is another. I hope you understand …

___Thank you

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hmm I am not sure what password you guys are talking about. But I was able to download every hotfix for XP from MS themselve no password.

Xcel

Agreed on third party posting. Since you don't even know if they are legit. But I am talking from MS themselves. They have it on public ftp. That how I downloaded them. They have any hotfix for most application/OS's that they make.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Xcel

You have another PM :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Figgie
Hmm I am not sure what password you guys are talking about. But I was able to download every hotfix for XP from MS themselve no password.

Sure you can download them, but if you bothered to extract them you would have discovered that they are all password protected. Basically useless unless you have the password or you can crack them.

Electronic Punk:

I notice your version number is 2002...should it not be 2600 or later with the hotfixes?

EAS

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xcel
Since the OS is not yet available to the public per the std. channels
Hi Wayne,

FYI. XP has been available for several weeks though standard channels preloaded on new PCs. I saw HP computers for sale about 2-3 weeks ago at Sams warehouse pre-loaded with XP. I have also seen ads for Best Buy and others stores selling PCs with XP pre-loaded. The official date for buying XP software only is this Thursday I think. I don't know if the software at these links is legal or not, but XP is now legally available pre-loaded on new computers.

Jay

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Or if you are part of the MS Select program. Which we are. So I have the password for those files.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by xcel
Hi Electronic Punk:

___Since the OS is not yet available to the public per the std. channels, might I ask that you to not post a link to any Hot Fixes until it is. I am not sure if this is legal or not and I may be overreacting but to err on the side of caution may be in the forums best interest. Discussing the Hot Fixes is one thing, linking them is another. I hope you understand …

___Thank you

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]
My apologies, I just thought as these patches will eventuallt ve release free, it would be ok to post them, I will exercise a more caution in the future :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.