Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Im looking to upgrade to windows xp (cause 98 sucks!).

I have a sound blaster live! value, a creative dxr3 dvd decoder card, and a pheobe micro tv master +fm tv tuner card. I have everything working fine in w98 with dscaler and all, but am i gonna run into problems with xp?

i found xp drivers for everything but the dvd decoder board, and the tv tuner...im confused about the compatibility...will i have to have xp drivers in order for these to run?

Should i wait a while until the dust settles before i upgrade? Is it worth it?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
lol, I've got the box in the nice childproof plastic case sitting right next to me. For me, I have just built this system, so I am pretty confident that I will have little hardware problems. But it is just such a PITA to get the case out of the entertainment system, take it in the other room, and install windows with a bare system. And I'm also lazy. I've had too many problems installing Windows with more than just your basic components in.

I'm also wondering if older programs like ProntoEdit, etc, will have any problems under XP.

I'm not sure about the harware DVD card, but I would recommend that you ditch it if possible and if you are using a large screen display.

I think maybe tomorrow I'll get the dremel tool out and make some mods to my case, and then install windows clean, just one more time.:) I just dread going behind the entertainment center and disconnecting all of my hard work.

Oh, I believe for the tuner card you are going to need WDM drivers to work with XP. If your card works with Dscaler then you should go to tv-cards.com and download generic WDM drivers. All Dscaler needs is to just be able to recognize that the card is installed, after that it takes over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.