AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded win xp today and tried the RTVPatch program. RTVPatch takes a few minutes to open up and stops responding after mirroring and again after patching. Had to close out of the program a few times and reopen it up to get the job done. Win 2k operating system ran the RTVPatch quickly and flawlessly for me.

I didn't try to boot the image since I'm only playing around. The patch program does show the disk correctly and shows it as patched but there appears to be some compatibility issue with RTVPatch. At least on my computer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I used Windows XP Professional RC2 to patch my 80GB Western Digital 7200 rpm drive. At first I didn't think the program would run at all until I read a post here saying that the program finally does show up on the screen.

After I mirrored the source drive, the program stopped responding, but not wanting to interrupt anything, I let it sit there. After quite some time, I was able to continue. Again after patching I had to wait.

There are definitely issues with RTV_Patch and WinXP, but the attempt was successful.

No heat problems yet. (Single 80GB 7200 rpm drive)

David

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Win2K patch (notice the name?) doesn't run under Win 9x.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Someone else mentioned running in Win2k compatibility mode, I'll try that over the weekend and see if RTVPatch acts any different under XP.
FYI, Win2k compatibility mode had no effect on RTVPatch.exe under XP Pro. Still takes about 45 seconds for the program to appear, then after each operation completes (copying system partition, mpeg partition, patch, etc.) about 45 seconds before any other operation is possible. My test PC is running an AMD T-Bird 1300, 256 meg RAM, KT7-100 MB.

-Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.