1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you try it?

Any comments?

This is my first post.

Greetings to all from Parma (the Food Valley), Italy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
There is not alot different at all, I think there are just a few misc bug fixes and maybe improved compatibility with WindowsXP.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Anyone know if they made it work with DTS CDs. 3.0 didn't work. Only with DTS DVDs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What I really want to know is, does it fix the visual problems that were introduced in version 3 (stuff like the staircase effect, and color banding).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

where I can find this patch Windvd 3.1?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I thought Intervideo were going to integrate an auto-update feature. Did this ever happen?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The feature visually looks like its there, but there is no logging to see what has been installed. etc. I suppose help about would tell me the current version.

Thats all I know on this subject.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Even so, they released a patch to bring 3.0.55 up to 3.0.57.8, didn't hear any reports of anyone using an auto-updater.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi All:

___Most stopped using 3.0 after the display problems were placed on the web in jpg format for all to see. I remember reading that Intervideo was saying something similar to “we want to achieve the lowest CPU utilization†… Yeahh, right. Everyone with a new PC is using 1.0 GHz CPU’s and Intervideo is concerned w/ CPU utilization at

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

where do you find the Download for WinDVD 3.1 im China and Hungary.

Can you post a link ?

Thank you very much !

·
Registered
729 Posts
Just tested a DTS cd!

Win2000 SP2

Latest drivers from M-Audio for 1010 (5.12.1.25 that are not supposed to support DTS).

Spdif to preamp.

It plays ok, and preamp picks up DTS.

I do however get 1 second long dropouts from time to time.

What I found interesting was that I could actually fast forward a song... I cannot remeber being able to do that before. My preamp always lost sync.

This means that they are buffering the song and creating the DTS stream themselves.. or?

Did not test DTS decoding of DTS cds.

For some reason the 6 channel decoding refused to use my 1010... probably my own fault tough. I tend to mess up my computer whenever I get a chance!

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Sorry, those links cant be posted on this forum. I agree with Xcel, Intervideo seems to have taken another direction towards DVD playback. I've seen 3.1. Electronic Punk is right, there isn't much difference in PQ. Just some bug fixes, and more audio support; although, the audio doesn't sound much better. As the version suggests, it's just a minor upgrade.

·
Registered
123 Posts
where can I see these Windvd 3.0 display problems placed on the web in jpg?

I have annoying lines down the left side of the screen while playing DVDs on winDVD 3.0

Eagerly awaiting AVI player with DTS,

bfk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.