AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Blight, you know what we are waiting to hear ???

·
Registered
850 Posts
This looks good.

From GraphEdit, the filter properties can be accessed, and they have the option to choose how many output speakers there are.

So, can anyone confirm if this actually works? (I'm at office, don't have DVD lying around).

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Muljadi -

If you're right, does this mean that we can use the WinDVD4 audio filters to get DD and DTS decoding in Zoomplayer? And use the WinDVD video filters for superior PQ?

Right now, the only thing holding me back from going to Zoomplayer is the need to use PowerDVD XP's audio to decode DD and DTS for output to my Delta 410 card.

- Ken

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep,

ZP will register and use these filters. However in my setup with the option

'WinDvd with M-audio for SPDIF' enabled the video is washed out as if the

brightness was set too high. As I am using Display picture settings and had ZP overlay disabled, perhaps fiddling with these controls may solve this. Hence now I am using the older video filter 3.2 with the 4.0 audio filter.

Just to experiment I replaced all the audio and video filters in the Intervideo folder with the newer ones. There are three sets: Bin, WinDVD and WinDVDi. The software player seems to work fine though I will need to view a few more DVD's to test it's stability.

There seems to be some difference running WinDVD 3,2 with the newer 4.0 video filter cf. with ZP running 3.2 video filter. Can't decide which is better yet.

Regards.

·
Registered
850 Posts
If the filter does decode DD/DTS, the next step is of course to find a filter that records SPDIF input, and just pass the output (unchanged) to the filter input - PC decoding guys...

OK, can someone actually test this now?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm downloading the trial now, but it is really slow. i guess we all want this at once. Once I have it, I'll do some fiddling with graphedit and the registry to see what can be done here. Update to follow later.

·
Registered
112 Posts
OH BABY......

Download the trial and install it. Load up graphedit. Add the intervideo audio decoder direct show filter... then look under DMO audio effects for the Intervideo EXP DMO. It hass ALL of the DPLII settings, including center width, movie, music modes, etc. The only problem as of yet is that mine seems to be stuck in regular prologic mode with prologic II greyed out, but this looks doable with a few tweaks. I have to go out for a little while now so I wont be able to play until tonight, but I encourage everybody to play with this and the registry until we have it figured out. There are numerous other effect available in the DMO audio section as well. In addition, it looks like Intervideo added an additional audio processor directshow filter to make it easy to load various combinations of effects all in one step. YEE-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
OK, more rational update. The Intervideo EXP DMO is the multi channel expansion filter. I added it individually in the graph and within the Intervideo Audio Processor directshow filter (this is a container for stacking multiple DMO effects filters). ALL of the original prologic and new Prologic 2 settings are present in the properties for the EXP DMO, including # of speakers (even includes various phantom center modes). This filter has more control over the settings than almost any reviever I have seen. BUT... as of now the button to turn expansion on is greyed out, so the filter is basically being bypassed. I hope this can be enabled, and I'm pretty sure it can somehow through the registry (haven't had a chance to look yet) otherwise why would all these settings be there. As far as I can tell so far, these settings cannot be individually adjusted in th actual WinDVD4 program, so they must have a purpose, right??? I really need to go run some errands now (this stupid prog has completely sucked me in :D ) but I will mess around with the registry and a little more graphedit later. If I do get it enabled, I will write a Zoom Filtergraph later for whoever is interested! In the meantime, lets get the rest of you working on this (especially Blight... These filters look like they have the potential to make Zoom all we ever wanted it to be!!!!)

Good Luck ALL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Me again (god I just cant quit):p

A quick peruse through HKLM/Software/Intervideo/WinDVD4 showed many entries related to this, including AudioMode, Prologic, Prologic2, etc... but I don't know the WinDVD reg settings from before that well or have time to play, but this might help someone far wiser than me get started!!!

Im back one more time. The used settings are actually under the HKCU registry settings. I am currently listening to a alt-preset extreme MP3 or Terrapin Station in DPLII music mode:D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!! I am using the actual WinDVD4 program. I checked the registry as I enabled this mode and saw that the PROLOGIC2 key is now a value of 1 (as opposed to zero in HKLM. I still need to look a little more to determine which key actually turns on the Expansion in general, but I am a hunderd percent convinced now that this can be done via directshow filters.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have tried to call InterVideo about upgrading from v. 3.0 OEM to 4.0Plus with remote. Nobody is picking up except for the automated (or human) operator who directs to voicemail (sales AND support) - not people. No response to email either.

Does anyone know what's up with them? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
So the only way to get DPLII is with graphedit? What other things do I need to load up in it? Like a file reader, mp3 decoder, etc.

Going to try to see if I can use this with the 5.1 encoder on my HTPC and get DPL II digital out.

Site is still really slow. The JSP download forwarder page trips up most download aid programs...only the Alternative-FTP option lets me figure out the URL. Gett it at 40k/sec now and will let you all know how it comes out.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Ok that was ridicliously easy once I figured out the tons of options.

Set Nforce digital out to Dolby-Digital (5.1 out on the coax digital cable.)

Open up WinDVD and play an MP3. Set Audio Mode to to Dolby Pro Logic II, Music.

This is great...I was looking at newer receivers with DPLII but now I've got it with no A/D conversions.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
And more updates:

One of the features listed for WinDVD 4 is multichannel MP3 playback, so I guess it isn't that impressive that I can get it to work.

Bad side:

DTS decoding, DPL II, and DD EX (matrix rear center speaker) decoding only come with WinDVD4 Plus, which runs $80 :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not hearing the low volume output with WinDVD that I was hearing with PowerDVD. Anyone else notice this? I don't think that PowerDVD was able to output to reference level. Maybe this one will?

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by roboracing
I'm not hearing the low volume output with WinDVD that I was hearing with PowerDVD. Anyone else notice this? I don't think that PowerDVD was able to output to reference level. Maybe this one will?
WinDVD ver 3.0 DTS has reference level output unlike PowerDVD XP Deluxe. Are you using with Delta 410? If so any problems? WinDVD ver. 3.1 DTS would have OSD mute on when front speakers would play so had to use ver. 3.0 DTS. Would like to upgrade to ver. 4 but just want to make sure everything is a-okay with the 410. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by William

WinDVD ver 3.0 DTS has reference level output unlike PowerDVD XP Deluxe. Are you using with Delta 410? If so any problems? WinDVD ver. 3.1 DTS would have OSD mute on when front speakers would play so had to use ver. 3.0 DTS. Would like to upgrade to ver. 4 but just want to make sure everything is a-okay with the 410. ;)
I haven't got my 410 in yet. I was hoping to see it today, but it wasn't meant to be I guess... With any luck perhaps I'll have all of the components in for my new system by the weekend. Untill then, I'm stuck using my digital out on my SB Platinum...

Does anyone know if there are any changes in the video filter for v4? I haven't had the time to run any DVD's through my theater setup to compare...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.