AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use ZP 4.03 on a 2.8 P4 800 FSB Abit MB system w/ 512 RAM. Ffdshow - 10-1-2004 (the latest alpha release at this time). Intervideo latest version of WinDVD 6 (downloaded upgrade as of 10-14). Denoise 3d .5, .5, 5.0 w/ HQ and resize to 1440x960 w/ Lanzcos7 on a X1 PJ running native w/ Panamorph (ZP outputting anamorphic).

I have noticed (and noted in various forum threads) that there appears to be a bug in the WinDVD 6 setup (and WinDVD 5 for that matter) that disables the HW acceleration options when output audio to SPDIF.

However, it seems to me that if one enables HW acceleration and then enables output to SPDIF, that HW acceleration remains on eventhough the UI greys out and unchecks automatically. This belief is based on 2 observations: 1) In this case the TransDNM option is still not available to be turned on. I have to disable SPDIF to get the HW accel UI options available, turn them off, and re-enable SPDIF - I can then turn on TransDNM. and 2) CPU usage is the same in this case.

Any comments on this behavior?

I got to thinking also that a work-around on the issue would be to perhaps use another audio codec other than WinDVDs. Leave WinDVD audio settings at analog and use PowerDVD 5's audio codec to output to SPDIF. This allows me to have HW acceleration turned on visibly in the WinDVD setup and output to my receiver. This works of course, but I am not sure it works flawlessly. Needs more testing.

Anyone doing this?

Lastly, since I am using Ffdshow resize w/ denoise, I am getting some slight audio sync issue. Video is a little slow comparied to audio. Is there a means of delaying audio in ZP by a few ms to get this in sync?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.