AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took some time, but I believe I finally figured out why I heard absolutely no sound output from the WinDVD 5 DVD player. It was because I had configured my music player for ASIO output for M-audio analog output. Which means I have to re-configure my jukebox for Directsound or wave, before I startup WinDVD.

I have to admit WinDVD's decoding of Dolby 5.1 and DTS sounds pretty good, but I am still fuming over still not having heard from their support, and I do not believe anyone deserves anyone's business if they cannot respond to a request for help in a reasonable amount of time. For what I paid them, I figure I could have upgraded from Win2000 to XP and avoided the frustration.

How are other Win2k users getting DTS from their DVD player? How are audiophiles using ASIO switching to their DVD players (... as I hope to make this HTPC much easier to use for my wife). Reply with private messaging if you like.

TIA :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.