AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm a newbie with this stuff. i'm trying to use zoom player with windvd and ffdshow.

i'm using the newest windvd with the update from the japanese site. i'm using the latest alpha ffdshow and zoom player 3.0 pro.

1st a few questions...

which audio filter would you recommend? which is the most popular among avsforum htpc members? i'm using analog not spdif out.

some of my dvd's are interlaced. do i need dscaler? if so should i keep deinterlacing on at all times or just when watching interlaced material?

and now for my problem...

everything plays fine but the picture freezes when i full screen. the audio continues. if i fast-foward then play again, it's fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ye110man
and now for my problem...

everything plays fine but the picture freezes when i full screen. the audio continues. if i fast-foward then play again, it's fine.
I had this problem as well until I used Intervideo's (WinDVD)"effector"

filter along with ffdshow. All my navigation problems were solved.

I have no idea what the effector filter actually does to the video.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. i found that the effector filter doesn't work with the updated windvd files. but i used the refine filter and it works now.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Do you have Movie Effecter Ver.2.1 (moveft21.dll) under the directory C:\\Program Files\\InterVideo\\WinDVD4PR or C:\\Program Files\\InterVideo\\Common\\Bin ?

If not, get the files below and copy the extracted "DLL" files to both directories.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...postid=2146722

It may not work so just give it a try and then post the result, please. Thank you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
copying moveft21.dll didn't work. i just uninstalled windvd, reinstalled, then updated everything except the effector files and it everything works now.

but i noticed that the freezing on full screen happens on my mpg's too. my avi's are fine.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:
If not, get the files below and copy the extracted "DLL" files to both directories.
And then how do you activate it?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blight
Any idea what this effector actually does?
It's a video filter that seems to bump up the color saturation and contrast a lot, and add some sort of grainy film to the picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.