1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay, I downloaded 5.1 B05.011 as per a post a couple of weeks ago and it still had the stutter problem.

I just downloaded the one you have listed (5.1 B05.015) and IT DOES NOT STUTTER ON CHAPTER CHANGES!

Anybody else try it? I am using SPDIF out for my audio. Everything else seems the same.

JP

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I notice one thing with this version, I am not getting errors in zoom player anymore. It will also play some 2 channel sources in zoom player that didn't play before.

Chapter changes are so smooth now too!!

Mark

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes when moving in and out of menus I would get a crash in ZP. I actually have got one or two today already but its nowhere near as frequent as with previous WinDVD versions. I am just using the WinDVD Video\\Audio and abstract filters.

Another thing they changed in this version was to make the keyboard shortcuts only work when WinDVD was active. I requested this because some people (like me) like to leave DVDs (music DVDs) running in the background while they do other things and when the shortcuts used to cause problems.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I just used it and agree that the chapter stutter problems are solved. But hardware acceleration cannot be enabled on this version on my HTPC. I am using the SPDIF out to my Dolby Digital decoder. Was this affecting other forum members and discussed before? I've been gone a while.

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
Yes- I imagine this is Intervideo's "fix" to their buggy SPDIF/HW combo with any soundcard other than an Audigy.

Reason enough to use PowerDVD.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:
Yes- I imagine this is Intervideo's "fix" to their buggy SPDIF/HW combo with any soundcard other than an Audigy.
Perhaps...

However, I use SPDIF pass through and this version of WinDVD performs flawlessly. Sharp, great color and no stutters. By contrast, there are several DVDs I cannot play in PowerDVD because it stutters so bad -- example: the DVD "Ronin" stutters once every 2-3 seconds with PowerDVD and works great in WinDVD.

JP

·
Registered
138 Posts
I suppose now that PowerDVD has improved their rendering, it now comes down to just how much trouble you're willing to go through with WinDVD to get any perceived PQ improvement.

But I hope they keep fixing those bugs!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MadSkills
But I hope they keep fixing those bugs!
I have been leary of re-installing the demo (as upgrade) for fear of breaking my register code for the "audio booster pack". Can someone confirm ...

(1) installing the demo over a registered install will NOT break, or demand my register code (supposedly good for only 10days), nor any register code for installed packs.

(2) How do I verify the "audio booster" pack is indeed installed ... for example, an option available only with the ABP installed(?) (... I would of thought it'd be listed in the 'help=>about', but I don't see it).

cheerios :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Anyone use Cinema Enhancement, Movie Effector or any of the other Video Effect settings?

Also what setting is everyone using for the COLOR setting with a FP CRT???

Any other tweaks to this software to get the best 106" picture?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if you are using hardware or software mode, I suggest forcing weave de-interlacing mode for film material.

I tested this with the filters and it makes a very very very slight difference but its a difference so thats good.

If you have any sort of decent display you should set the colours, gamma etc back to default, they are raised by default when you install WinDVD.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rarewolf
... Can someone confirm ...

(1) installing the demo over a registered install will NOT break, or demand my register code (supposedly good for only 10days), nor any register code for installed packs.

(2) How do I verify the "audio booster" pack is indeed installed ... for example, an option available only with the ABP installed(?) (... I would of thought it'd be listed in the 'help=>about', but I don't see it).
I'll assume the first ... but I'd like to bump this thread for my 2nd query.

tia :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
rarewold,

1.) Unfortunately, WinDVD has asked me to reactivate several times after installing a new patch, but if you have saved yoru key, the same key should work for all versions of WinDVD 5 Platinum currently available, so you can just re-enter it.

2.) If the audio booster pack is installed, check for a small icon of a speaker in the upper right hand corner of WinDVD next to the magnifying glass and camera. if it is there but not selectable, right-click on the video window and go to setup / audio and select "audio booster" at the bottom. if you have the audio booster pack registered, it should now be selectable.

·
Registered
16,796 Posts
Is anybody having trouble with this latest build under Zoomplayer ?

-- I can get the Overlay working but no Intervideo audio through the SPDIF even though it works with the WinDVD front end .

-- I cannot get VMR9 working at all with this latest build . Are there special regsitry tweaks needed besides just modifying the "VMR" entry to = 1 .

--- Thanks ,

---- Jason

WinXP-SP1/DX9b/Cat3.4

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.