1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi BBQ,

I installed the following filters using:

exe2cab (execab32) to convert WDRr file to cab,

Winzip to extract data1.cab, data2.cab, and data1.hdr from cab.

i6c0mp02 (i6comp) to extract iviaudio.ax and ivivideo.ax.

I then copied the ax files over the intervideo/common/bin.

Everything worked.

Must I install the movie effect dlls for DMO? Is it safe now or are there still problems? Which files do I need, do they go in the bin directory, any registration required?

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
That's an interesting filter. It's odd that you can't access these things directly from the WinDVD software. I would bet the "Color Gamut" and "Sharpness" settings have direct corolation to WinDVD's "Movie Effector".

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I just checked the version of that "special" IVIVIDEO.ax again. It showed me 4.0.65.0 rather than the latest version.

I tried three different versions of IVIVIDEO.ax since I reinstalled XP Pro recently:

Only 4.0.65.0 seemed to have so many video adjustments. I already tested 4.5.26.11 / 4.5.28.51 / 4.5.28.73 before the clean Windows installation but none of them gave me those 4.0.65.0 goodies.

I remember that IVIVIDEO.ax 4.0.65.0 was included in WinDVD Platinum initially. That one was an older version when compared to the other DirectShow filters in the same release.

After a while they finally synchronized the updates of all DirectShow filters so that we can get IVIVIDEO.ax 4.5.11.26 / 4.5.28.51 / 4.5.28.73 from various sources.

Do you think that we can still add some registry keys manually to enable Video Adjustments again?

·
Registered
406 Posts
how are you accessing those video adjustments? i followed the info in the other thread, and the first time i did this, i copied over all of the files. this essentailly updated the player to platinum, but the reg code i was using from the OEM didnt seem to work.

the next time, i just copied only the *.ax and manually registered them. they are currently the only ones on the system, and zp shows them as being registered correctly. also, the movie effector is selectable in zp, but when i go to filter properties for the effector, nothing happens. i dont get any menu of any sort.

what am i missing? how do i set these options?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi

i think they are only available with IVIVIDEO.ax 4.0.65.0

Quote:
Actually I just checked the version of that "special" IVIVIDEO.ax again. It showed me 4.0.65.0 rather than the latest version.
steve

·
Registered
326 Posts
Presume it would be accessed via zoomplayer filter properties, while video is playing,

steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.