AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this software? I have several problems.

First of all I don't think its accepting my registration key. I enter the information at the activation screen and it says it has been activated and to restart the application. I restart, but the activation option is still there.

Second, all my recording that are started with the "scheduler" are in black and white. I have tried all the video options I could find. When I start the recorder using the "record" button, the recordings are in color, they are just black and white when I use the "scheduler".

Third, several options are not available, like the web-based TV schedule and the color options in the sub-panel.

I think the program may not think it's properly activated and the black and white recordings may be part of the "trial" limitation.

Has anyone else had any luck with this program? I have just paid about $100 for it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
All sorts of problems.

1. Will not record directly to DVD-R or -RW. Takes in all of the information then spits out a clean disc.

2. Will allow only WAV input, no 16/44 or DD or DTS audio

3. The amount of adjustment of brightness and contrast are limited. To get the brightness up sufficiently, the contrast muddies.

4. The screen image from external sources is not quite as sharp as that from th4e new MJ 9.0

5. The help files are worthless for the recorder side.

Have not tried it yet directly to hard drive, so can't say whether it works that way.

On the other hand, the playback with the Platinum edition is an advance with much sharper picture and audio. So buy the Platinum player but forget the Recorder for now unitl they get the bugs out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have emailed Intervideo several times about this and still haven't heard back from them, except for an automated response.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ditto. It is wishlistware. It needs a few point releases before it starts working.

The one nice thing about the WinDVD Recorder is, due to its nature, being able to play a DVD archived to a hard disk, without using any 3rd patry software or tricks. Obviously that feature alone hardly justifies the upgrade.

They have got to fix the video options (gamma, etc.), add DTS 6.1 24/96 discrete surround support and perhaps DVD-Audio - and fix the recording functions. Then perhaps it will be worth the money.

Oh, and it would be nice if it could take advantage of the new ATI cards' 10 bit video DAC's and floating point internal video processing, to optimize video processing precision. As it is, video quality does not seem high on InterVideo's list of priorities - they take baby steps to improve it release to release, still lagging behind PowerDVD and (I'm guessing) the ATI DVD player on the ATI cards with 10-bit-per-channel DAC's.

Alec

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Do any of the new recorder programs out there accept a Dolby Digital external signal for decoding? Have tried Music Jukebox, WMP 9, WINDVDDirector and all only take analog stereo input. None of the Power products mention it in their literature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally got a reply back from intervideo. They told me how to confirm that my WinDVD Recorder is activated, which it seems to be. They said that after I confirmed that it was activated they would then help me work out the problems. So I waiting from them to learn how to use the program to record TV in color and not in black and white, using the scheduler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.