Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

First Post

My name is Mark Kennedy, creater of WinDVD Tweaker. I started out making the tweaker as a bit of fun to see how i could mess around with it, then it just kind of got bigger.

WinDVD Tweaker 3.3 Final has been released. Probably will be the second last release of the tweaker. I have to go and work to make some money for college so spending loadsa time on the program may become a possibility. Also I have recieved 1 donation in my time making the program so I may have to add registration just to keep myself alive. Sad but thats the way it is.

Just want to ask you guys what sort of settings\\features would you like me to add. Also i may be able to ask guys at intervideo to add stuff. They are actually replying to my mails so........

Just to let you know also that bugs like that mute bug and others are totally unfixable by me who just changes hidden registry settings. Maybe after a while i can actually go into the windvd.exe and fix these things but as of now I can only change hidden or not hidden settings.

Make a biiiiiiiiiigg list of what you want for windvd tweaker and i will start working and what you would all like to see changed\\added to windvd and i will see what intervideo say.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Mark Kennedy

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hi Mark:

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you very much for your excellent tweaker.

Now we still need to figure out how to change the settings of ICE and ProLogic2.

All I can find is a couple of MediaObjects:

My Computer\\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\DirectShow\\MediaObjects

My Computer\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Classes\\DirectShow\ \MediaObjects

What do you think about them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I second the Thank You! for WinDVD tweaker!

A short list from what I've seen here... (These are mostly InterVideo fixes/enhancements I suppose)

Support DD/DTS decoding of external SPDIF sources

Fix volume slider to work with Delta 410

Real DD EX / DTS ES support (currently have to enable DPL II or ICE to get sound out of rear surround)

Fix DTS studder introduced in 4 series, worked better in 3.X series

Fix trial period, should have lasted 45 days, expired after only two weeks after upgading to latest 4 build

Dunno if this qualifies for the list, but video decoding of version 4 on my system produces horizontal lines that wern't there in 3.X (WinXP, Matrox G400 latest drivers)

Also there are others who are interested in the status of USB sound interfaces to receivers, supposedly a Japanese ver of WinDVD supports DD/DTS via USB.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will see what I can do.

I just released 3.31. Working hard on a new version for full preset support and gonna check out ICE and Prologic 2. Thanks for the reg areas.

If you are gonna purchase or if anyone is, then if you wanna contribute to me then could you buy it from the link on my site. I will get some percent of the sale and would be very happy.:}

Thanks guys

Mark

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YxY

Any other programs you would like me to "integrate" into this one program]

Will check out yxy

Why would you need this type of control over the aspect ration?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks, Mark. A few thoughts:

0. Something that's always bothered me about the current DVD's is the fact that they default to the simplest, lowest quality audio mode (often Dolby surround, when Dolby Digital 5.1. or even DTS is available on the same disk). How about providing a way to remember the intro user actions per-DVD so next time it is played they won't have to be repeated. Among the actions could be: desired audio feature selection, and skipping (or fast forwarding, if skipping disabled) through the DD/DTS/THX audio demos or intro commercial or FBI warning sections on some DVDs.

1. Any chance of multi-region support?

2. Presets would indeed be nice. I occasionally use my laptop (Fujitsu P-2046) with WinDVD as a DVD player with VGA going to my projector and optical digital audio out to my receiver. It is not very convenient to switch inside WinDVD to Optical Out vs. regular and back. Involves restarting to take care of the grayed out radio buttons, and adjusting the volume back up to switch back to (non-optical) operation.

3. How about Toslink plug insert auto-detect? I think WinXP can do this with laptops that have mini analog / toslink optical combination audio line out plugs. Not sure.

If 0 and 1 were implemented, I would pay good money for this companion product!

Thanks!!

Alec

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mark,

I tried your program, but it did not help me to get DD and DTS sound out of WINDVD4 via S/PDIF on my Audigy card. Windvd3 is fine. Do you think that it is a bug and nothing your program can do?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kennedy
YxY

Any other programs you would like me to "integrate" into this one program]

Will check out yxy

Why would you need this type of control over the aspect ration?
Mark,

I use A DILA projector with a ISCO2 anamorphic lens. In order to watch an enhanced (16x9) DVD I turn off "keep aspect ratio" to send a squeezed picture to my projector and then my ISCO2 lens stretches it back to its proper aspect ratio. I can not watch standard screen (1.33 or 4x3) because it will be stretched. YxY allows me to set any aspect ratio your setup may require.

Thanks, William

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K

Alec first of all

For no. 0. Those are very interesting ideas and I will ask intervideo to add some "hidden" support for this so they wont get in trouble. I dont think you are supposed to skip those warnings and stuff.

As for no. 1. I dont believe you didnt know that windvd tweaker can change the region. I spend absolute ages on that one and now it works with version 4 beautifully. Just go to tools on the right or go to the menu at the top and select region.

As for the other stuff, I will work on them. I had presets working but now with all these extra settings, I am working on a new preset system.

Yeah that spdif thing seems impossible to fix from our point of view. Try messing with all the settings though, prologic, lfe, lfe to speakers.

Just a question. When you set spdif as output does the other audio speaker settings matter, like 4 speaker mode.

I only have 4 speakers FPS 1000 on sblive. No spdif. No 5.1 Of course you guys could like buy me some if you want. I dont mind at all. LOL.

Better get back to work.

Later

Mark

Oh I am looking at that yxy prog. Have to work out what it is doing. I dont have tv out either so it is hard to mess with these settings. Have pity for me with my ati rage128. LOL. You can buy me a radeon 8500 if you like also.

Later guys

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.