AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note for the forum. After some trepidation I purchased WinDVD Tweaker 4.1 hoping to fix the default "fixed aspect ratio on" setting in WinDVD. Initially I had some problems getting tweaker to do what was advertised and sent an E-mail to Mark Kennedy, the author, with my displeasure. He responded immediately with how to get the setting to work. The problem was on my end and could have been avoided with better documentation. I believe he will improve this aspect of the product. We have continued to exchange e-mail almost daily on how he can improve his software to meet my needs. I feel like I've paid for someone to develop custom software just for me. We've discussed how his product can be modified to allow control from girder, run unobtrusively from windows startup, etc. Frankly I don't usually bother to buy software but this was 18 bucks well spent! Please understand I'm not at all affiliated with Mark and simply wanted to give him and his product kudos somewhere that would matter to those interested. Since I've seen posts from Mark on the forum and he is interested and presumably looking for inputs on the needs of WinDVD users, anyone that's unhappy with the stock WinDVD functionality can use use this thread to talk to the author of tweaker on what they need.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi, could you post a URL so we can read more about this program? (thanks)

·
Banned
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin Morgan
Hi, could you post a URL so we can read more about this program? (thanks)
Typing windvd tweaker into Google is too much trouble for you?

·
Registered
16,580 Posts
So can you share how you got the aspect ratio bug fixed ?

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow, cheers for that blindman.

Well if anyone wants to try the tweaker you can get it from

http://3dgamer.tripod.com

To answer the question about the aspect bug, my program when controlling the aspect, disables the lock, there is no actual registry setting for it unfortunately.

Any other questions or feature requests would be welcome..

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.