AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, currently testing windvd4 and on both htpcs i have very unstable s/pdif output.

Most of the problem are at chapter change or vob change, the audio filter goes analog for a second and sometimes it catches the digital stream back, sometimes remains analog, but most of the times it remains silent.

I heard rumours about a patch from intervideo to be released very soon to address the sblive problem.

Can someone confirm troubles and patches ?

bye

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the same problems...

I get no sound thru SPDIF and sometimes with video speed goes x2. =D

Analog audio seams to work fine.

Im running win98se on a duron 800 with SB Live: Value!

I have not heard anything about a patch.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the same issue. When I switch to S/PDIF, WinDVD4 starts to play 2x (and of course audio doesn't play at those speeds.) I've e-mailed Intervideo support, but no response yet. Please be sure to e-mail intervideo support so they know this is a problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I struggled with this problem for weeks. It seemed to affect DVD and AVI (DivX) playback. Very often the audio would be fine but the video would go about double speed.

My solution was to upgrade to WinXP (had 98se before). It took a few tries installing different Live! drivers but seems to work fine now.

-Tom

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I have WinXP and I still have a problem with my S/PDIF output. Anyone can help me? Please!!!:)

Bruno

·
Registered
76 Posts
What types of problems are you having?

For me, it was passing DTS sound out to my digital receiver. Very often I would get video that went double-speed.

I found some "unofficial" drivers for the SB Live! on the net somewhere and miraculously everything worked. I'll see if I can find those drivers or maybe a link to them.

Tom Kalovsky

·
Registered
76 Posts

For me, it was passing DTS sound out to my digital receiver. Very often I would get video that went double-speed.

I found some "unofficial" drivers for the SB Live! on the net somewhere and miraculously everything worked. I'll see if I can find those drivers or maybe a link to them.

Tom Kalovsky

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TomKal

Tom Kalovsky
I Tom, My audio card is an Hercule fortissimo. I did downloaded the last drivers for WinXP on Guillemot web site.

I have been playing with my sound-card driver and it's not going 2x the spead anymore. But my receiver doesn't get the sound as 5.1. Neither Dolby or DTS. DTS is worst because the sound is very faint. I have no problems with Zoomplayer using the intervideo drivers!!!?? No problem with PowerDVD and Mediaplayer also.

Bruno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.