1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by soren
Who uses an Nvidia card? :)
Well, the GF4 is the first gayforce with nice picture-quality. But i tested also on Radeon64-DDR with almost the same result (but couldn't get a screenshot out of WinDVD with HWC enabled. So i used the Nvidia)

Quote:
How do you feel about the difference in smoothness between the players

with MC on? [/b]

WinDVD4 has slightly smoother horizontal panning, but you must look really close to notice the difference even on 24" SONY.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
What did you cap these with? Are the settings all similar? It looks like "color" is turned down in WinDVD.

Also I believe I read somewhere that hardware assist is not always captured right with screenshot software. Whats in the frame buffer and what the video card actually puts out are different.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hypersnap. Takes shots from almost all sources (but strangely not with Radeon. Don't know why)

All color-settings are at default (Overlay and Desktop). PowerDVD color-profile "original" without color-alteration. WinDVD color and saturation at 0 (default)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes, very convincing pictures but the question is can you tweak WinDVD to look as good as PowerDVD (it's possible the defaults of WinDVD aren't optimized out of the box)?

NickB

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello,

in my knowledge it is NOT possible to make screenshots with HWMC ON. Even with Hypersnap or a GeForce 4.

so my opinion is that there is (not intended of course) something wrong with your pictures. This must be the explaination of the soft pictures ;)

BTW, I use Zoom with Cineplayer 4 filters so I have no favorite between these two ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wizzzard
Hello,

in my knowledge it is NOT possible to make screenshots with HWMC ON. Even with Hypersnap or a GeForce 4.

So the pictures must be some kind of voodoo ;)

Quote:
so my opinion is that there is (not intended of course) something wrong with your pictures. This must be the explaination of the soft pictures ;)

[/b]

Nope. If you cannot trust the shots, you CAN trust my eyes, believe me (they are quite good :) ). And the shots represents exactly my personal observations with the players. PowerDVD has more vibrant colors, is a little bit more grainy but gives more detail.

You can believe, i would like it, to see improvements in WinDVD over PowerDVD - because i purchased the WinDVD Pro-Version for 49 bucks blindly. I guess, for the next release i better spend the money for some six-packs.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
My personal suspecion:

I think that hardware acceleration is disabled, that's the ONLY way hypersnap can even work.

The WinDVD setting is a "suggestion", it means Try Hardware Acceleration, you can have it enabled even if it's not supported on your system. It's quite possible that it isn't really on with your card, thus allowing you to capture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.