AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I had posted the 9095 vs 4248 question on another thread so I appreciate your answer. I will give the 9095 a try also. Thanks.

Rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Rick. I saw your other post on the other thread. Just want to let you know that Pace Electronics in Chatsworth also carries Winegard. That is where I got all my Channelmaster and Winegard antennas.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike55. I will be driving by there tommorrow and I will stop in to check them out.

Rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have not used used the 4228, but I have used the 4248 and the Winegard 9095. The Winegard for me was a far superior product compared to the Channelmaster.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Pace is a wholesaler and will only sell to businesses. They had Video Electronics (818-368-3761, 10328 Reseda near Devonshire) give me call. They got me a Winegard 8800 and a CM7775 the same day from Pace. They said Pace was out of the 4228. Not sure on the 9095 or 4248.

Glenn

·
Registered
961 Posts
Mike, why do you prefer the 9095 over the 4248. I've got a 4248 and am not really satisfied that it's directional enough. I can find no description of the 9095 on Winegard's Web site. Do you have an online link to a description? Thanks, Art

·
Registered
508 Posts
Here's some info on the 9095:
http://www.starkelectronic.com/wca9095.htm

I have the 9095 with the 4700 UHF amp and receive the Baltimore stations with minor pixelations in the winter, but leaves on trees make it unwatchable. I just installed a CM 4251 parascope with CM 7775 UHF amp and receive Baltimore consistently. I expect it will still be good after the leaves come out. Of course, I receive all Washington stations. My location is Ravensworth, just outside the beltway off Braddock Road.

Tom

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
On another thread they had the link to the CM antennas including the 4248 as: http://www.starkelectronic.com/cmg5.htm

I believe my problem is multipath. Specifically, Mt Wilson is 8 deg south of due east from my house. There is a pass in the hills at 25 deg south of due east. I believe I am getting two signals one over the hills and one throught the pass. Since I get 8 digital channels great but only CBS is not perfect all the time and CBS transmitts with the most power, this also leads me to believe I have a multipath problem.

The 9095 has a 32 deg wide beam at channel 60 and the 5248 has a 20 deg wide beam at channel 60. Thus the 4248 would probably reject the multipath better...I think.

Any comments from antenna experts?

Rick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

at the moment i am receiving all of the baltimore stations except for fox wbff-dt with a 69 dollar radio shack indoor antenna with some pixilazation. my question is do you think the 9095 is too big for a townhouse since i am receiving baltimore stations? should i go for a smaller antenna?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.