AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this panel antenna? I understand they are great UHF antennas. They seem to be a little more flexible than a yagi style. I'm thinking of doing an attic mount with 4 stations on the same mountain 20 miles away with 1 station in the VHF band on the same mt. My ABC affiliate is 40 miles away in the opposite direction also on the UHF band. Would this antenna work for me?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikelike2
Does anyone have any experience with this panel antenna? I understand they are great UHF antennas. They seem to be a little more flexible than a yagi style. I'm thinking of doing an attic mount with 4 stations on the same mountain 20 miles away with 1 station in the VHF band on the same mt. My ABC affiliate is 40 miles away in the opposite direction also on the UHF band. Would this antenna work for me?
Most people seem to think that the Channel Master lineup of bowtie antennas (3021 and 4228) are better, but the hdtvprimer page rates them very similar with the Winegard better on the lower channels and the Channel Master better on the higher channels. YMMV.

You probably won't be able to get stations in both directions without a rotor to turn the antenna. These antennas are designed to reject signals from behind.

UHF antennas can do adequately on high VHF (7-13) but are utterly useless on low VHF (2-6).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a winegard 4400. The reception is OK.

It can pick up signals from about 30-40 miles away. From where I live, I can get signals from Trenton PBS station, but cannot get signals from Philly. I wonder if a channel master would be better.

It works. However, the antenna does not look like well made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.