AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Winegard website and saw this new product a RC-1010 HD Digital Receiver and click on BUY NOW it took me to Campingworld supply but won't be available until March, 07. Here link to the receiver page http://www.winegard.com/mobile/dig_receiver.htm I was able to download the 35 pages manual and the only thing it does not have is HDMI, It only a OTA receiver. Has anyone out there seen or heard about this ? it was marked at around $200.00. It also look like it can be hook up to a comupter for software update.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello WillieAntenne,

What did you decide about the Winegard RC-1010 HD ATSC Turner?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just replaced my Winegard RC-1010 with the Samsung DTB-H260F as I wanted HDMI out and the Winegard only has component. To tell the truth, I don't see much difference between HDMI and component and other than that the two tuners are comparable. Both need the remote to be aimed precisely at the unit.

If HDMI or QAM is not important to you I would recommend the Winegard.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
Any end user reports?

·
Registered
442 Posts
As I posted above about a year ago, I do not use it any more. It was adequate, although no HDMI. The remote seemed very weak and had to be pointed right at the unit. HD picture quality was fine, the sub-channels seemed a bit softer than other tuners, but most of them in my area are poor in content as well as quality.

I sold it to a neighbor and he is still satisfied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts