AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the Winegard Sensar II amplified antenna... TitanTV is recommending that particular antenna for an attic installation at my location. 6 of the 7 towers are ~25 miles away, with the last tower (CBS) being about 45 miles away. I have tried an indoor Jensen Amplified VHF/UHF combo but could only get three stations. I am returning it tonight for a Zenith Silver Sensor but I am afraid it won't be much better. Thus, I am contemplating just going with the recommended antenna but I haven't heard much in the way of results for the Sensar II's. (Also, Radio Shack has something that looks very similar to the Sensar II but is only unidirectional - any thoughts on that one either?)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mark

P.S. - If anyone has any results for the new Winegard Squareshooter, please post it. I have a place right under my roofpeak where that would fit quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I haven't used that Winegard one, but I'm using a Silver Sensor to pull in all my OTA stations from ranges much farther than yours - though it did take a bit of positioning. I'm glad you're giving the SS a shot, and I hope it works for you.

Brian

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The real advantage on the Sensar II is it will pickup off the front and back of the antenna fairly well. I have stations 180 degrees apart and it does a decent job pulling from both directions.

I have a station at very low power about 30 miles away (mountainous in between). I could pick it up good with the Sensar II and my old Samsung T150 reciever. My new LG 3200A receiver I have some difficulty (think the signal is too weak and I have a little too much multipath). My station that is full strenght is about 20 miles away and I get a near perfect signal off the weaker back side of the antenna.

If your station 45 miles away is at full strength I think you may have good luck with the Sensar II. If you go with another style antenna I would still stick with Winegard or ChannelMaster.

However, if you have multipath issues, which I do some, it can make them worse.

If you don't have stations in exact opposite directions you may do better with a larger antenna in your attic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.