AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten their WinTV-D card working with WinXP? I have seen previous posts from folks who say they were running various XP release candidates with a WinTV-D in their system, but I can't tell if they were working. Trying to install the current WinTV-D specific VFW drivers from the Hauppauge site dumps me back to the XP desktop after the opening installer screen. I know there are no WDM drivers for the WinTV-D yet.

Steve

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
WinTV-D does work with under XP.

DScaler has it's own driver and once you set the tuner type correctly you can scan for channels and watch analog stations.

The WDM drivers that were recently released by Hauppauge also work under Windows XP, but these drivers do not support the digital channel scanning. There is also a lot of video break up and signal loss while using this driver set.

I haven't used the Video For Windows (VFW) drivers that came with the card yet, but those may or may not work. I'm going to first try updating the channel map dll and see if that adds digital channel support while using the WDM drivers. It's possible to use the WinTV2000 app to tune a digital channel and then switch to DScaler to actually watch it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joe,

Its the digital channels I am concerned with. It was my impression that you needed the dtv39data driver to get the HD channels to display even though WinTV2000 does offer the option to scan the ATSC channels. Right now, the link to the data driver is broken on Hauppauge's web site.

Steve

·
Registered
456 Posts
For running WinTV-D and WinTV2000 on XP I installed the most current VFW drivers for the WinTV card series for Win2000 off Hauppauge's Website. REBOOT.

I then loaded the most current WinTV2000 Viewer from Hauppauges site for Win2000.

Next I checked to make sure it would pull in ANALOG channels.

Once verified I then installed the WinTV-D software off my original CD-ROM ... this is what you need in order to tune in the digital channels. I think the version on Hauppauge's site was the exact same thing. So if you don't have your CD you can get it from the website.

Rebooted and all was fine except that I couldn't tune in multicast channels. So .... I uninstalled the WinTV2000 Viewer app and re-installed the version that was on my original CD-ROM.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.