AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WinTV-D board has a great variety of software available for it (not necessarily good, but several options). If it is not installed and/or un-installed exactly right you get trouble. That is my current status. I tried to remove all the Haupphauge software in order to re-install. However, whenever I try I get the error message saying roughly that two DLL's are conflicting. What is one supposed to do with such a message? Remove DLL's one at a time until the message goes away? There are, of course, hundreds of DLL's so the only feasible course seems to be that I'd need to re-install the system from scratch. I would really like to avoid this, if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions how to resolve this DLL crisis short of starting over?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Typical. I've never had any trouble with the Hauppauge software. I might be able to help, but you're not giving much info about what exactly happened. You say you can't uninstall, but can you re-install the software so that it overwrites the corrupt installation?

Han

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Cannot run multiple instances of a DLL under Win32" That is the error message the first time I try to launch WinTV2000. Then it reports: "Failed to create TV Window. Another application may be using the driver." Every subsequent launch attempt causes only the second message.

This is after trying to eradicate earlier installations of various Hauphaugge software which was crashing. However, I was unprepared for the way the uninstall software wanted to work. It asked for the location of the generically named install log. I suppose if I were more familiar with Windows survival tips I would have known to keep them in a safe spot.

In fairness to the software it does warn that if everything is not installed in just the right order there will be trouble. Also, some of the software for this board (WinTV-D) is not claimed to be regular commercial-grade software. On the other hand it is possible to view the analog channels using dScaler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.