AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate double-posting this (it's in the 'HTPC Forum', too), but I'm going nuts like a kid with a new toy and no batteries...

I have a WinTV-D reception or card problem. I live only a couple of miles from the transmitters (including mine, KOIN-DT) and on the diagnostic screen I get SNR levels of 19-21 db (I had to put in a 10 db attenuator to get the errors to settle out), all 'lights' are green, 0 errors on four of the six channels. But I don't get anything for the audio or video PIDs. They stay at 0x0000. It does not playback the 'sample.trp' file either. DTVCap does not find any PIDs either. All I get is a blue screen on DTV channels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

------------------

Visit http://pub1.ezboard.com/fdigitaltele...isionnewsforum for news and information on DTV and HDTV

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Lee -

That sounds like what happened to me when I got one last fall. I'm surrounded by HD towers here but could get no picture.

I had purchased a WinTV-d at my local Best Buy and I think got an early one, with old software. I had to call Hauppage and the emailed some patches to fix it that were not on their web site at the time.

But this was all some time ago so you should be okay if you install the current stuff on their web site.

BTW, one of the various upgrades in the last few months was a firmware upgrade. If it's not obvious from the web info if you need that you may have to contact them. One of the nice things about Hauppage is that it is still possible to get a support person on the phone if needed. The darn thing is obviously not working so if new software didn't fix it I'd call them.

One last hint. The Hauppage cards all seem to come assuming you have an older graphics card that does not support overlay features, even though they are needed. You have to run the Hauppage Primary application from the Windows Start menu to turn on overlay.

Good luck. I actually saw your post in the HTPC forum but didn't answer as I hoped someone else would have more up to date info.

- Tom

------------------

Getting started:
HTPC FAQ , DScaler , Xcel's Links .

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.