AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a new Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600. Evertying went well, but in many of the OTA HD channels in Cincinnati, I am getting a black checkerboard around a squeezed image in WinTV2000. Some channels are perfect. I have not tried other programs yet to see what they do. Anyone see this before? The image is smooth and clear, but the image is squeezed to 1/4 of the screen and garbage for the rest of it.

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
i just bought the same card, and was experiencing the exact same problems

i tried the latest WinTV2000 Hybrid, and it didn't help at all

the only way i was able to get rid of the "checkerboard" effect and weird AR, was to turn off HW acceleration

regardless, i uninstalled all the WinTV junk except for the Hauppauge drivers and started using Beyond TV....everything is working much better now

·
Registered
27 Posts
I corrected this problem by running Primary.exe found in the install directory. Check force primary. No more checkerboard. I also installed zoomlayer pro vs 5. It has a 30 day free trial. The frame rate is now perfect. No jitter. It also lowered my CPU usage from 99% to about 30%. The WinTV player is horrible.\\

Rockon Cincy HDTV

Tp

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzah /forum/post/0

I corrected this problem by running Primary.exe found in the install directory. Check force primary. No more checkerboard. I also installed zoomlayer pro vs 5. It has a 30 day free trial. The frame rate is now perfect. No jitter. It also lowered my CPU usage from 99% to about 30%. The WinTV player is horrible.\\

Rockon Cincy HDTV

Tp

Good to see another Cincinnati local here. Joined in 2002 and only have 6 posts...lots of reading over the years.

Yeah, that is what tech support fo Hauppauge told me as well. Just not worth it in the end. MCE does fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to dig up this old topic, but I am experiencing the same problem. I get the error whenever I set Primary to do VMR (works on all other modes). The weird thing is that 2 HDTV channels actually work with VMR (ABC and Fox), but the others have that checkered error. It all worked fine when I had a nVidia 6800gt. I had to RMA that card and received a 7600gt as a replacement and that's when the problems started. This leads me to believe that there must be some driver issue with the 7600gt. I really need VMR because all the other modes use a lot of CPU and have bad frame rate. Anyone know if there are any driver settings I can adjust to get VMR to work on all channels?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.