Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks...

Ive got a few quick questions for you guys because nobody else out there seems to know the answers...I've got the wintv-d card and I can tune into HDTV broadcasts no problem, but whenever there is any fast movement in the broadcast, I can see tons of horizontal lines by the fast movement area, and it is *quite* distracting. This problem is also present when tuning into regular tv/cable broadcasts, though to a lesser extent. Any ideas?

I purchased the wintv-d card during the JandR 50$ special. Could it be that the tuners on those cards were somehow flawed? or could it be the drivers? i installed the beta drivers off of the Hauppauge FTP site, not off the CD.

Any and All help would be appreciated.

Plus for those with the wintv-d card in NY with Time Warner cable, you can recieve CBS and HBO through your Time Warner cable feed, just search for "antenna" channels with your cable input and you should find them!

good luck!

also, does anybody have any information regarding the Ravisent Cinemaster DTV product....they will not sell it to individuals; only to OEM's. Does anybody know if other companies are producing end user programs using the cinemaster DTV engine?

thanks again,

Volodar

·
Registered
364 Posts
The simple answer is that WinTV-D doesn't do any deinterlacing of the digital channels. Try displaying the video using dTV (dscaler). There was a thread about how to accomplish this a few days ago. Too bad the search engine is disabled again.

I'm also interested in the Cinemaster DTV. While I understand that their interface will not have an option to playback files (it will be live video only), it should still be possible to use its filters in GraphEdit to play HD files.

[This message has been edited by klimekt (edited 05-16-2001).]

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
volodar -

I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with your card or tuner. The WinTV-d just doesn't make any effort to deinterlace video when displaying it on the desktop, so you are seeing weave artifacts. When using s-video out it gets smoothed to some extent and is not as noticeable because it becomes much softer. Of course this is less desirable this way. I prefer the artifacts with the sharper picture.

If you search the forum for WinTV-d you'll find Dan Schmelzer has managed to get around the artifacts using dScaler (previously dTV) software, but it's not quite easy yet.

- Tom

oops, crossed posts

------------------

Getting started:
HTPC Faq , dScaler , Xcel's Links .

[This message has been edited by trbarry (edited 05-16-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, thanks for the info, have DL'ed Dtv and am seeing vast improvements, but one more question - Is there any way to view the HDTV channels through DTV, or is WinTV2000 the only app that will let you watch them?

thanks again,

Volodar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.