AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 WinX Blu-Ray Decrypter is being offered for Free for a limited time.

Its a new product so I guess they want to get feedback and build a user base.

Anyone try it yet? I am downloading it now but can't try it until tomorrow.

From their site:

===================================================

Q: Why do you give away this program?

A: WinX Blu-ray Decrypter is our latest product. We're confident this software is an excellent Blu-ray backup tool. However, we still need your advices to improve it in next upgrade. And this giveaway is to collect feedback or suggestions from users.

Q: Will I have to pay to continue to use this "Giveaway" version after the giveaway expires?

A: No, you don't need to pay any fee. We're offering WinX Blu-ray Decrypter free for a limited time but the software can be used with no limitations for as long as you'd like.

Q: Will I be able to upgrade this version to a newer version for free?

A: No, there's no free upgrade of this "giveaway" version to future versions. But you can get the upgraded version for a very low fee. Feel free to email us then.

Q: Is there any BR drive I should buy for use with your BR decrypter software?

To decrypt Blu-ray to hard drive, you should make sure that you have Blu-ray drive first, since general DVD drive does not support Blu-ray disc.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent /forum/post/18252065

WinX Blu-Ray Decrypter is being offered for Free for a limited time.

Its a new product so I guess they want to get feedback and build a user base.

Anyone try it yet? I am downloading it now but can't try it until tomorrow.

From their site:

===================================================

Q: Why do you give away this program?

A: WinX Blu-ray Decrypter is our latest product. We're confident this software is an excellent Blu-ray backup tool. However, we still need your advices to improve it in next upgrade. And this giveaway is to collect feedback or suggestions from users.

Q: Will I have to pay to continue to use this "Giveaway" version after the giveaway expires?

A: No, you don't need to pay any fee. We're offering WinX Blu-ray Decrypter free for a limited time but the software can be used with no limitations for as long as you'd like.

Q: Will I be able to upgrade this version to a newer version for free?

A: No, there's no free upgrade of this "giveaway" version to future versions. But you can get the upgraded version for a very low fee. Feel free to email us then.

Q: Is there any BR drive I should buy for use with your BR decrypter software?

To decrypt Blu-ray to hard drive, you should make sure that you have Blu-ray drive first, since general DVD drive does not support Blu-ray disc.

Hmmm, looks a little suspect if you ask me. I think I will stick with AnyDVD HD. Curious to know if anyone has tried it yet....

·
Registered
837 Posts
Makes sense. They need customers to try it out before they actually release it. I wouldn't want to charge people for a product i'm not 100% sure works perfectly. I'd try it but have anydvd HD and don't see a reason to change.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 /forum/post/18252292

Makes sense. They need customers to try it out before they actually release it. I wouldn't want to charge people for a product i'm not 100% sure works perfectly. I'd try it but have anydvd HD and don't see a reason to change.

I agree, but SlySoft, DVDFab, and MakeMKV are already free or offer trial versions. I would trust any one of these and besides at the rate that MKB keys and BD+ changes, the free version they are offering probably won't work for long.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegobeer /forum/post/18252619

It's been a free trial for a while. Plenty of blogs about the free version, but Afterdawn looks like the only place that people talk about it.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/21018.cfm

Well I just did a quick pass through the comments on that AfterDawn link and it didn't inspire me to try it. Honestly, I don't know why I even care other than curiosity as I am a registered AnyDVD HD user.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the news from the newsletter that WinX Blu-ray Decrypter has been updated to support more bluray. And the latest version 3.0 works really good. The giveaway will last to Sep 15. The license code is offered in its official site.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerose /forum/post/20907013

Got the news from the newsletter that WinX Blu-ray Decrypter has been updated to support more bluray. And the latest version 3.0 works really good. The giveaway will last to Sep 15. The license code is offered in its official site.

You wrote the newsletter??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts