AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up some N 802, I am interested in what Speaker wire and connectors you use for your N80X . Maybe the estimated cost would be good, but that's up to you. Where you bought it from. I don't want to get into the high end/low end wire debate, but I pretty much know nothing about the wire and this will give me a good place to start my research.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'll probably be crucified, but I bought some 12 gauge Home Depot wire. Twisted them together for a 10' cable. I purchased Radio Shack gold-plated lugs and crimped these on the ends of the cable. I use this to connect the N802s to a Bryston 4bst amplifier. They work fine for me.

·
Registered
372 Posts
For starters it might be good if you use kimber 4TC speaker cable, and treat the cable with some dioxit then plug that directly to your amp and speakers.

You can get some of the used/ new kimber from audiogon.com

I hope that helps

mario

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
I use MIT Terminator for my 802Ns...don't know the model, but they're about the diameter of a dime. Sound great to me.

TM

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
I use bi-wired 7 inch long Kimber 4AG I believe, silver speaker cable. You can see the pictures of the cables and in action on the link below (Pictures Link). Amazing how affordable things are in 7 inches :) Take a look...

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
DAMN health nut, the worm hole theater setup is amazing! An 802N center - call me jealous!

TM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.