AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the standard wired Xbox 360 gamepads are PC compatible. They're currently on clearance at Target for around $28. thanks.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I love the fact that there's so much support for the controller. It's really making my transition from the 360 to the PC easier.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm thinking about picking up the wireless receiver for the pc..

·
Registered
514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic /forum/post/18203482

Do it, it works great in my HT. Win7 auto installed the drivers - all you have to do is pair up the controller with the receiver once.

·
Registered
716 Posts
For the wireless version, you do need to install the drivers from the disc if you want to be able to check battery level in W7.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
Does anybody know of a place that still sells just the wireless pc adapter and not the entire controller pack? I know I used to see the pc adapter all the time for $20 but never bothered to grab one.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
19,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/18206045

Does anybody know of a place that still sells just the wireless pc adapter and not the entire controller pack? I know I used to see the pc adapter all the time for $20 but never bothered to grab one.

Thanks,

Jason

None. They discontinued selling just the wireless adapter alone a year or two ago. But if you look on Amazon or eBay you might be able to find someone who's selling it separately anyways.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
That's about what I figured... thanks

Jason

·
Registered
76 Posts
the only thing I would say would be to make sure to be used to playing FPS's with mouse and keyboard. You'll likely get housed playing an FPS with a gamepad on pc online.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I wouldn't bother trying to play an fps online with the controller. You're correct you'll get destroyed pretty easily. I would recommend the pad for adventure and action games though. RTS still seems to benefit from the keyboard/mouse combo because of button mapping but I like the idea of just using my 360 pad on the pc to play Psychonauts.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18206145

None. They discontinued selling just the wireless adapter alone a year or two ago. But if you look on Amazon or eBay you might be able to find someone who's selling it separately anyways.

Dealextreme.com has some generic ones for around $20. They're available in black, white or clear and while they're not the official MS one, word is that they work just the same.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I picked up the wired version for my PC at Target. On clearence for $20.

·
Registered
19,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by getme /forum/post/18267176

I picked up the wired version for my PC at Target. On clearence for $20.

My wireless' analog stick is suffering from "floaty" syndrome. It sucks considering they are so expensive.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic /forum/post/18203482

will this work with MS wheel?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVholic /forum/post/18329529

will this work with MS wheel?

Yes, all of the MS accessories will connect, it's just a matter of being able to map things how you want. Typically it works out pretty well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts