AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've bought an 890 (coming in the mail) and am currently wiring up my HT room. My equipment is going to be behind the seating area a projector iwll be mounted in the ceiling. Do I have to extend one of the IR signal cords to go up to my projector, or is there a cord I can run that will just sent the IR signal directly to the projector that can be used with the 890 extender.

Thanks for any info.

Rob

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
The 890 RF base has four 3.5mm mono cable jacks. You could use a male/female 3.5mm extention cable or just a 3.5mm male/male if your projector supports direct IR in.

The other option is to utilize the RF base as an IR flasher and not run any cord to the projector. This method would require line-of-sight between the RF base and your projector.

·
Registered
311 Posts
This is an interesting question as I am setting my 890 with a similar setup. I was told to get IR working before implementing RF. My question is the projector can pick up the IR from bouncing off my screen, so I do not have to hook up the IR emmiter I ran to it.

The question is can the Harmony 890 send IR and RF at the same time? I want the projector IR and all the rest of my components RF?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtdougie /forum/post/12904611

This is an interesting question as I am setting my 890 with a similar setup. I was told to get IR working before implementing RF. My question is the projector can pick up the IR from bouncing off my screen, so I do not have to hook up the IR emmiter I ran to it.

The question is can the Harmony 890 send IR and RF at the same time? I want the projector IR and all the rest of my components RF?

The 890 can send both IR and RF. You set this up in the software on your computer. For the RF base you select either all ports, ports A, B, C, or D, or flasher. I have my RF base under my TV's IR receiver and it is controlled by the IR flasher from the base. If I had a projector I'd try to have the base flash to the projector so that I wouldn't have to point the remote at the projector or in your case the screen. It all obviously depends on your particular setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts