AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting an AVR soon (probably an Onkyo-507 or a Denon-1709), and I need to get a speaker system to go with. I am currently looking at wireless options because I definitely need at least a wireless subwoofer due to the location of my AV setup (wall-mounted plasma in a niche above a fireplace, so running wires through the wall to the floor is difficult). Wired front speakers are fine.

I am not a big audiophile (and have young kids so am never allowed to play anything loud anyway), so I am not going to be super picky, I just want good solid surround sound, mainly for DVD, Blu-Ray and HDTV.

I'd like to spend only $500-600 total, but not sure if this is possible given what I'm looking for.

Recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
634 Posts
wireless speakers still leave quite a bit to be desired. my recommendation would be to use your budget to get your left right and center, or even just your left right and a sub, and use the remaining time to save some money for your surrounds, and think about your surround situation more. unfortunately, your budget wont go very far for a full 5.1 speaker setup...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaphile /forum/post/16959599

wireless speakers still leave quite a bit to be desired. my recommendation would be to use your budget to get your left right and center, or even just your left right and a sub, and use the remaining time to save some money for your surrounds, and think about your surround situation more. unfortunately, your budget wont go very far for a full 5.1 speaker setup...

What about just the wireless sub then, and buy a separate wired FL/FR/C/RR/RL speaker system? Does that provide more options? I am really just looking for a relatively entry level system (but not an HTiB), since anything will be an improvement over my crappy 2003 Sony Dream System speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.