AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is one for the electrical engineers... I have a Zenith Silver Sensor that works great upstairs, not so sure about it's downstairs performance. If I find that I need to place it in a different room pointing out a window, is there a reasonably priced wireless transmitter/receiver combo that could transmit the signal from the Silver Sensor to the set-top box? I realize what I am asking for is basically a redundancy, but it would be nice for situations like that.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
A wireless transmitter for your SS would require you to be rebroadcasting the entire UHF spectrum which would be a huge amount of bandwidth!. There are wireless SD video transmitters, if you could also move your receiver, but you would loose HD capability.

There have been threads in Home automation group regarding using Cat5 and/or RG6 to distribute HDTV throughout your home.

Eventually there may be affordable HDTV modulators that will allow you to wireless transmit a single HDTV channel via a Computer's wi-fi network

Someone does make a device that attaches to each side of a window pane, and transmits the sat signal (useful for apartment balcony installs) That's all I can currently think of.

Right now, it would be cheapest to hire someone to physically run RG-6 between the 2 locations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.