AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a laptop (or will at least) for my car which will be loaded with all my music. My car deck support aux and USB. If I connect to my deck using the usb port, it basically goes by folders and whatnot and is not exactly what im looking for. If I connect with aux, it works jsut like I want it, all the controls (next song, shuffle, etc etc) all done on my laptop. Now this works great, but I want wireless. What are my options here?

I know of FM transmitters, but im looking for something that will maintin the quality of a wired transmission. Perhaps a pripritory wireless device? like I would plug one end into my laptop, the other into aux in on the deck? Or some sort of bluetooth device that does this, even better. Anything like this exsist or am I stuck with FM transmission as my only wireless option?

·
Registered
83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007craft /forum/post/15489823

Hi. I have a laptop (or will at least) for my car which will be loaded with all my music. My car deck support aux and USB. If I connect to my deck using the usb port, it basically goes by folders and whatnot and is not exactly what im looking for. If I connect with aux, it works jsut like I want it, all the controls (next song, shuffle, etc etc) all done on my laptop. Now this works great, but I want wireless. What are my options here?

I know of FM transmitters, but im looking for something that will maintin the quality of a wired transmission. Perhaps a pripritory wireless device? like I would plug one end into my laptop, the other into aux in on the deck? Or some sort of bluetooth device that does this, even better. Anything like this exsist or am I stuck with FM transmission as my only wireless option?

kind of a weird but cool idea. (especially if you're using itunes already) an Apple airport express could do the job. you just join its wifi network and select it as your speakers in itunes. of course this would require 120V, once you've got an inverter in the car you can charge the laptop and other things. this is the easiest way i know to send digital audio wirelessly. you can also get a program called Airfoil to send audio from any other program to the airport. i wouldn't use bluetooth for audio, especially higher bitrates

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I think you would need to change to a car stereo that supports the Bluetooth A2DP profile so you can stream music from your computer to your deck over bluetooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts