AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

updating my last post, noticed many more wireless connection drops using wlan monitor, none of my other wireless devices do this, once connected they stay solid until disconnected. This happens whether dvr is on or off. This test was done with only cm wireless device connected my access point, running lan/wlan monitor on my server and the wireless access point fixed on channel 1, 20mhz bandwidth,n/g wireless with nearest neighbors on ch 6,9,11 - closest reading -72db on 6) This behavior is after the successful (103r) firmware update and a factory reset, signal strength is good(dvr menu reading) -57db (inssider wlan monitor reading using laptop within less than 1 foot from cm dongle), not sure about this behavior before firmware update, didn't have those tools yet. From view of dvr menu, always says connected and no more reconnecting problems since new firmware if I manually disconnect. Now using wpa2-psk encryption, was using wpa-psk with same results. All seems to be ok from dvr menu but the wlan monitor shows this device bouncing on and off the network - off for 1 minute, then back on for 3-15 minutes; since the the wlan monitor scan rate is also 1 minute this actual occurrence may only be a matter of seconds and not affect most things but they might kill a stream if one was doing that, anyone have troubles with Vudu channel on wireless? I never use it for streaming (assuming Vudu channel is stream and future channels will be streaming) . I will eventually try a cable, see network behavior, but too much a pain to get a cable to dvr for now and doesn't look like anyone is having wired problems...

This is probably of no importance to most at this point and may be normal, as it didn't seem to affect the guide updates or time and dvr now always says "connected" for both network and internet in menu(even when actually bouncing on wlan), but from the network side it is disturbing. Still great for my needs...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts