AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any1 using the Turtle Beach X41's while gaming? I know you can't 'chat' with them but Im more intrested in just the sound anyways. To many kids and other languages on there anyways. I just want to hear the enemy coming and what not...


Any suggestions on wireless cans other than X41's??


Tnx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,295 Posts
The X41's seem like a pretty good value. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be very many multichannel wireless headphones out there. The latest Sony and Pioneer versions are more than double the price.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...oducts_id=2752
http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...oducts_id=2424


And AKG has a pair that retails for over $1000.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...oducts_id=2333


There is also the Sennheiser RS 170, but I read somewhere that it only simulates surround and doesn't decode DD, DTS etc. However, it can be had for a more reasonable price (around $240) and you can usually count on Sennheiser for a quality product.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-.../dp/B002TLT10I
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru /forum/post/18148397


The X41's seem like a pretty good value. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be very many multichannel wireless headphones out there. The latest Sony and Pioneer versions are more than double the price.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...oducts_id=2752
http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...oducts_id=2424


And AKG has a pair that retails for over $1000.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...oducts_id=2333


There is also the Sennheiser RS 170, but I read somewhere that it only simulates surround and doesn't decode DD, DTS etc. However, it can be had for a more reasonable price (around $240) and you can usually count on Sennheiser for a quality product.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-.../dp/B002TLT10I


Question, how in the hell do you have a 7.1 headphones????


Are there really 7 speakers and a subwoofer in them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies /forum/post/18148545


Question, how in the hell do you have a 7.1 headphones????


Are there really 7 speakers and a subwoofer in them?

I'm hardly an expert on this technology, but here's a good article on Dolby Headphone.

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...adphone-1.html


Unfortunately, even though my receiver is only a couple of years old (SC-05), it doesn't have the feature, so I can't even tell you how effective it is. Sometimes, I like to game late at night, so I've been looking into the technology. But with all the great games that are coming out, money's a little tight for me right now, so low volume will have to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I got a set of X41's.. They are great!!! Sound is clear and crisp. You can hear all of the foot steps, shell casings hitting the ground, people sneeking up on you! Im glad I bought them!! I have to use them at night so my kids and wife can sleep.


No big deal that I can't use chat but it seems to be a bunch of cursing and young kids anyways so I can care less!!


If your debating a set or not, I say get them!!!!!
Very easy set-up, voulme is loud if you want it and can activate 'bass' or not. Comfortable too; my 5 year old son uses them too!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,603 Posts
Can you listen to ps3 with any headset, or just some? I've tried in the past but could only get my headphones to be used for chat and whatnot, never the game itself. I must have overlooked some easy setting changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsredsled /forum/post/18187595


Ok, I got a set of X41's.. They are great!!! Sound is clear and crisp. You can hear all of the foot steps, shell casings hitting the ground, people sneeking up on you! Im glad I bought them!! I have to use them at night so my kids and wife can sleep.


No big deal that I can't use chat but it seems to be a bunch of cursing and young kids anyways so I can care less!!


If your debating a set or not, I say get them!!!!!
Very easy set-up, voulme is loud if you want it and can activate 'bass' or not. Comfortable too; my 5 year old son uses them too!!!

+1


I've used the X41's on both the PS3 and 360 with great results. I was very pleased with the sound and details picked up with the TB's. They may not be MLG sponsored but the plug and play with no wires is great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Wireless......I use the Pioneer SE-DIR1000's wireless Dobly Headphones.


I don't think they sell those anymore but they do make the DIR800c's. What's extra nice about these is they use infrared transmission which is uncompressed and completely lossless. No staticy background noise either.


Fantastic soundstage and directional awareness. I combine them with the Sony bluetooth mic for a complete wireless setup.


All chat and game sounds come through the headphones. I then hook the mic to the top of my shirt with the mic aiming up.


It works.....but it's a bit of a hassel to get the chat & game volumes set right.


The headphones are also fantastic for late night movie or TV viewing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
222 Posts
I have 2 of the Pioneer 800c's each with a transmitter and a dir-2000 headset as well. Got tired of my wife complaining about sound coming from the electronics wherever I happened to be. They're awesome. Very comfortable (prefer 800s to 2000). The only signal interference I've experienced has been from a netgear 3700 router. The blue lights on the front seem to have some non visible light in them. Even with 3 headsets, I am always on the lookout for discounts/sales on the headsets
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,799 Posts
I also game with the Pioneer DIR-2000. I prefer my AKG K702s but the convince of wireless and dolby headphone can't be beat.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top