AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here so go easy on me

The wife wants to move our new 42" lcd to a wall with no coax outlet. It has to cross a 6' wide opening with high walking traffic. Does someone make a wireless setup that could "bridge the gap" from the wall outlet to the sat cable box ? I would want 1080i min. for the setup.

Thank for any help with this.

John

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi there

Offhand, the answer is likely "no way". You're asking for wireless, over-the-air retransmission of the entire channel lineup to the sat box. FCC would not like that, since there's a good chance you'll interfere with your neighbors' OTA reception (i.e. you're a mini-broadcasting station).

There are a few single-channel wireless gizmos, which would go between the sat box and the TV.

There is also "flat coax" cable that is about 1/8" thick x 1" wide.

Regards

·
Registered
292 Posts
You could use a Slingbox HD/Sling Catcher Setup with a wireless router and bridge or with one of their powerline internet adapters. This would allow you to "bridge the gap" between your cable box and the TV. You would just have to find a place to put the Sling Catcher. Also, I am not sure if the Sling Catcher has been upgraded to HD yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. where can you find this flat coax & does it still have the "normal" round threaded ends on it ? Maybe I could fish it under the rug?

I'll google it. thanks

john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts