AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a wireless gaming adaptor that works best for using my XBOX 360 and DirecTV HR20? The xbox and my Direct TV HR20 sit right next to each other and my router (I beleive it's Netgear) are in another room on the same floor of my house. I jsut don't want to pay $100 for Microsoft's adaptor and I might as well look for one that would accept both.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I use the Belkin wireless G gaming adapter and it works perfectly. I am about 50 feet from my router and have never had a problem with speed or dropped connections.

Oh yea, got it from the local Wal-Mart for $59.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The original Xbox 802.11B/G adapter worked fine for me, and lives on with the guy I sold it to for his 360 Elite.

I picked up Buffalo Technologies' router and Ethernet converter to replace it, back when Google Checkout combined with decent prices at Buy.com made them around $36 each. My Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS2 all were looking for Internet access so an upgrade was required...

·
Registered
589 Posts
I ran my own cat5e line with face plates on both walls from upstairs in my office where the

cable modem and router are located. ~$20 tops and more speed than wireless or powerline.

If it's an option, I'd look into that, especially if you ever intend to share any HD

media from your PC to your Xbox.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have the linksys wireless gaming adapter... got it for around 50 bucks. Been working great, but I'm a 'silver' member, so no online gaming needs.

YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.