AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there care to comment if they have any. I am just looking for basicly comfort first then sound. It will be just for the middle of the night for TV so I don' t wake up someone nearby so the sound quality is not that important. (not that it could be with wireless) but just looking for suggestions. I see that senn's have a model for $99... anyone know about them. Thanks ahead of time

Mike L.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sennheiser’s are the best of the lot, their RF so they will work well through walls, but you will still have some static in cretin situations. I install entertainment systems in mid size jets and we always use the Sennheiser’s, or UnWired brand.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I just replaced my wireless Acoustic Research with Sennheiser 65. The Senns are much better receptionwise (auto adjust is great) and sound-wise. They are much lighter in weight but look more prone to breaking since they are all plastic. From what I read the Sennheiser 85 sound about the same but are more expensive and don't have the SRS function. The 65's are comfortable with full ear coverage. The Senn 45's are a flat design so I wouldn't recommend those. I actually thought the AR's were a tab more comfortable around the ears. Also the Senns are open design (easier to hear ambient noises) and the AR's are closed design(easier to block out ambient noise). My daughter uses them sometimes when we have company over and she likes not being able to hear us. (I like that also)

I bought mine from Amazon. You have to check their price but around 130ish. I also bought two so my daughter and her friend can watch without bothering my wife and I. If you need two I suggest buying two complete units and not getting one complete unit and an extra headphone. For about $20.00 more you get two extra batteries and another charging base.

I also checked out those Pioneer 800 5.1 Dolby. They go for about $300 Internet and sound incredible, BUT are IR and need line of sight to work. In the store, range was something like 18-20 feet and if you got at to much of an angle they didn't work either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.