AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for advice on getting a wireless headset for voice communication in games played on my HTPC and Projector. My prefered seat is about 10 feet from my HTPC. I have a Logitech Wireless MX Duo right now for keyboard and mouse, but I have found the range to be unacceptable. So I have orderd a Logitech DiNovo. The DiNovo is Bluetooth and it should cover my whole room nomatter where I sit.

Since the DiNovo acts as a Bluetooth Wireless Hub, can I get a Bluetooth wireless headset to work with it? Logitech has one, but it is listed to work with phones, not PCs. Will the ones for phones work with PCs or will I need something different?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm interested in this also. I've looked but havn't seen anything out there.

If anybody has any info please let us know.

George

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
George,

I was poking around in the Logitech web site, and came accross this info:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...9&languageid=1

This is the FAQ for Logitech's Bluetooth Headset. It clearly has instructions for connecting to a PC. From what I've been reading, it looks like the headset and the hub have to implement a common bluetooth profile. Apparently microsoft's hub that comes with their bluetooth desktop kit is not fully functional and does not implement many of the profiles. It looks like Logitech's does.

Check out:
http://www.whiningdog.net/Reviews/PC...ogitechdiNovo/

They were able to get the Jabra FreeSpeak Headset to work for audio playback. They didn't say anything about the mic though. I'm thinking of ordering one and trying it out.

Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rob,

Thanks for the info. I like the Logitech setup. I see one in future very soon.

Maybe now I can get rid of that rug on my living room floor that hides all my wires. :)

George

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Argh, that is bad news. I think I'll give it a try if I can get a decent return policy on a BlueTooth Headset. I'll check out Best Buy and see if I can return it if the performance drops.

Rob

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
An option is to run one usb hub to your couch and plug everything in there. Not ideal, but for headsets and joysticks, it works for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.