AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand has the best range? I bought the Microsoft and it is only about 6 feet, my TV watching perch is out of range making it a pain to do anything on the desktop.

Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
Which Microsoft? Bluetooth or the IR one? The IR one is useless. Try the Bluetooth one. Absolutely perfect, and from 8 or so feet away.

Mike

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Gryration makes a mouse and keyboard set that is available for $100 from CompUSA. It has a range of 25 feet, which appears to be very conservative. I am very happy with it, as are other people on this forum.

Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use the Aitech Airboard Wireless Keyboard w/ Mouse

It is only $25 and is good for 23ft. I use it from 10ft.

The joystick is an adequate substitute for a mouse unless you are doing a lot of surfing. In addition to two mouse buttons, it has a button at the top of the right of the keyboard for dragging with the joystick, so you don't have to hold down a button while dragging.

The above link now reports that it is out of stock, but it is probably available somewhere else.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Let me put in another vote for the Gyration wireless RF keyboard & mouse combo. I have one and it's absolutely excellent.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the gyration (25ft). It works perfect with no problems whatsoever. The mouse battery lasts for a week and has no memory effect. Go for it.

M

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gyration gets my vote too.

·
Registered
838 Posts
There are plenty of like-new/open box Gyration Suite packages on Ebay. I just picked one up for $60 + $15 S&H. Due to the design of my room and seating, IR was no longer an option. Based on the comments in this forum, I'm looking forward to trying it out!

- Chris

·
Registered
118 Posts
Talking strictly range...Bluetooth M$ advertises 30' bought I've used at 50' with ease. I wish I saw the gyration first. It looks like it would be great. But still no backlit keyboard. No complaints about the Bluetooth set though. Awesome!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
On the strength of the recommendations here, I just went out and bought the "Gyration Ultra Cordless Optical Suite" (this is the one with the 25-foot range).

EXCELLENT! Wow, I can't even describe how much better this system is than the VersaPoint RF I was using before. The mouse is amazingly cool and works beautifully. The range is also (I guess) pretty conservatively specified, since it works just great in the next room, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.