AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a basic question... I searched replaytv.com and cannot find any info for support for my old model.

1) Can I use a wireless keyboard with my 3030?

2) If so, what brand is good and where and how do I connect it to the unit?

Thanks guys.

Mike D.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That's you problem....you searched the "official" replay site instead of the "unofficial" but much better(in most respects) replay site on the AVS forum.

Here is a thread from not too long ago:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=Keyboard

You may also want to search this site for "keyboard" or "wireless keyboard."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ace,

Thanks for your reply but I did 1st search on this site, spent an hour PLUS reading a hundred or so posts. I understand a wireless keyboard can work but NOWHERE have I read in one post how, why and where to connect it.

I know how to upgrade my Replay to 120 hrs, I do build custom PC systems for customers so I am versed in technology. But I always say technology, as with people knowing technology should supply a solution easily and understandably so life is easier.

So, for anyone out there just a few simple questions:

1) What exact brand and model number wireless keyboard will work with a RTV-3030?

2) Is there nothing to connect? Just point and type on a search field? I think this is the case since the ReplayTV has a IR receiver already.

3) Where would be the best place to buy the exact keyboard that would work?

By the way, many many computer geeks buy their supplies/parts/components on www.newegg.com. I read alot of posts for cheap Maxtor 120gb harddrives, the cheapest is on newegg, its $156.00 without a rebate, just pay shipping that is nominal.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Mike D.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mdsypr
Ace,

Thanks for your reply but I did 1st search on this site, spent an hour PLUS reading a hundred or so posts. I understand a wireless keyboard can work but NOWHERE have I read in one post how, why and where to connect it.
No connecting it involved. Buy one, take it out of the box, put batteries in it, and use it.
Quote:
1) What exact brand and model number wireless keyboard will work with a RTV-3030?
Every WebTV keyboard that's been tried has worked. http://www.tekgems.com/product.cfm/id/116 wsa recently posted as a pointer to a cheap one. I have a Philips SWK-8670 that works just fine.
Quote:
2) Is there nothing to connect? Just point and type on a search field? I think this is the case since the ReplayTV has a IR receiver already.
right
Quote:
3) Where would be the best place to buy the exact keyboard that would work?
I bought mine off the shelf at Best Buy, or see above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.