AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to send the LFE channel to the sub via a wireless connection? I would like to move my sub without having to run a bunch of cable. IF so does it lose sound quality?:confused:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
You will have to look to the pro-audio world for something like this – a wireless rig for a guitar, probably. The good ones (that are quiet and with minimal RF interference) aren’t cheap – expect to spend a few hundred dollars for a new one.

The million-dollar question, however, is whether or not it will transmit flat response down to 20Hz or below. Not much need or demand for that with in a wireless system designed for mics or guitars.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
You could always run the LFE signal into an Analog to Digital converter and then into a digital soundcard. A fairly simple program could be written to stream the incoming signal out through Ethernet... going of course to a wireless transmitter. Another computer connected to a WAP could receive the TCP/IP signal and stream it out through another soundcard's DAC to the sub's amplifier.

Hell, you might could write a program that would automagically use a second soundcard and calibrated microphone to constantly monitor your listening position and digitally EQ the streamed signal to treat room resonances.

:D

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. In theory, you'd have nearly perfect signal integrity (just a bit of loss through the ADC/DAC stages), but I suspect processing lag would create a delay in the sub that would be very difficult to work aound.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It won't work. You will have to have a connection to your sub. I highly recommend using RG6 for the run. You could have it wall fished with only a wall-plate at each connection

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.