AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody been using a mouse an keyboard with their ps3?? I know it can be used for Unreal and hopefully for some future games as well but has anyone actually tried this out? Any info / recommendations would be appreciated.

PS- can u only use a mouse/ keyboard if you install dif operating system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the logitec Mediaboard Pro (bluetooth). but that is since I am using mostly for Linux that I installed on the PS3. For gaming you will probably want a real mouse.

·
Registered
374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asshandler /forum/post/14345310

I use a RocketFish BT mouse/kb combo, works great. Cost about 100 bucks at Future Shop.

I'm using this same BT/M combo. It works really well and don't have any problems with it. Although, I paid about half that much for it here in the states last November. (gotta love black Friday!)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have an old Logitech wireless combo Y-RK56 that works great with the ps3. All you need is any USB wireless keyboard or mouse to get it to work. If you have a BT one, that will also work, but are more expensive.

-Splints

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you can just plug in any keyboad/ mouse without installing anything and they will work?

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you want to use a wired KB/M you plug them in. If you want to use a wireless USB KB/M, you plug in the usb dongle. If you want to use a blue tooth KB/M, just pair it in the XMB and you're off and running. No installing anything from any of the three types.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wish Razer made a Copperhead BT mouse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Someone help me out with this. I understand PS3 accepts both Bluetooth and USB devices. So any KB/Mouse of these types "should" work.

HOWEVER.............

The real question is, what games or other software supports the use of these devices? Doesn't the software have to look for and recognize them to be able to use them in game? Someone mentioned Unreal, how about Call of Duty, GTA4, Resistance, Uncharted or any other? Does anyone have a list of playable games?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I like using a mouse for FPS games but hate trying to hit the right buttons on the keyboard to move and select weapons. It would be cool if you could use a controller to move and then mouse to aim and shoot. Anyone think that would work?

·
Registered
67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb /forum/post/14358091

I like using a mouse for FPS games but hate trying to hit the right buttons on the keyboard to move and select weapons. It would be cool if you could use a controller to move and then mouse to aim and shoot. Anyone think that would work?
http://www.razerzone.com/p-108-belkin-n52te.aspx

·
Registered
374 Posts
From what I recall, UT3 is the ONLY game that supports KB/M. Those other games you mention do not support them. Sorry.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrodie617 /forum/post/14358196

From what I recall, UT3 is the ONLY game that supports KB/M. Those other games you mention do not support them. Sorry.

Ya from what I have seen UT3 is the only one that supports it in game, but I was not looking to use it in game (i can get that on a pc). I was just planning on using it for web browser, sending messages, etc

·
Registered
374 Posts
It will work in the browser as well as to send messages to other users.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just did some reading and found out that next year's DC Universe Online will also have KB/M support within the game. This makes two games that I know of that will support KB/M in addition to web surfing and texting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts