AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two ReplayTVs which have worked flawlessly in a wired environment.

In my new house, I've got one connected directly (wired) to a wireless router (Netgear WGR614 wireless G) and one connected to a wireless ethernet bridge (Netgear WGE101 wireless G).

The one that is wired can see and stream shows from the other one. The one that is on the wireless bridge cannot see the one on the wire. I get the same results with DVArchive - a machine on the wireless segment can't see a machine on the wired segment. I've dug through all the router configurations and can't figure out what could be causing this - any ideas?

Oh, just as a sanity check, I've swapped the machines, and the problem is associated with the connection to the network, not the actual replay unit. It's always the one on the wireless segment that can't see the other one or DVArchive boxes.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Sounds like for some reason multicast packets originating from the LAN

are not passing onto the wireless connection while multicast from wireless

are getting sent to LAN.

Maybe you want to try upgrading to latest firmware for all your netgear

equipment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I considered that, but the only more recent version is called "3.0 release candidate 1.0" which doesn't fill me with confidence. :)

For now, I've just strung a wire through my hallway. Yuck, but it works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by douglips
I considered that, but the only more recent version is called "3.0 release candidate 1.0" which doesn't fill me with confidence. :)
douglips,

this firmware seems to be okay. been using it for a month now without problems.

however, i have the exact same issue as you with the connection. my bedroom replay (wired to router) sees the living room (wireless), but the other way around only works if i hit "243 zones" and "17 - find other units". then i can get to the bedroom shows, but after a short while, the bedroom "disappears" again.

have you found a solution to this? if you do, can you reply here?

thanks,

chad

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah - I was not aware of 243-Zones-> Find Other Units. My current wired setup seems to work OK, and if you don't have luck with the newer firmware I don't have any other ideas.

Nobody else has problems with other wireless gear? Maybe netgear was a mistake...

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Are you guys running static IP or using DHCP?

If using DHCP, try using static or defining MAC->IP mapping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.