AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title pretty much says it all...

only need to send audio from analog outs of pre-pro...

nlos, plaster walls with metal lath...

tia.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops, sorry...

non line of sight...

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^

i'll check that out, thanks...

·
Registered
30,788 Posts
Well, it depends on what you want to connect. The beef I have with sending analog is that the wireless system must A/D/A it. If that is not an issue, fine. I have used the AudioEngine AW-1 for that. OTOH, I am more comfortable sending it as digital with WiFi and converting on the other end, once and well.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree with you on the a/d/a conversion...

not really a "sq" application in this case, as all i was planning on doing was streaming sirius from the pre-pro upstairs to an integrated amp in my wife's home office...

however... you've piqued my interest, as i see an application i could use a "good" transmission for...

any wi-fi suggestions? i checked out the amphony line, but they only appear to sell a unit with amplifiers on the receiving end now, and i don't need that...

technically, i could use my mac mini, airfoil and an airport express to do this, but i've already repurposed the mac and really don't want to undo that...

thanks kal.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
darnit kal, i thought you were the expert on everything i needed to know...

i'll check it out...

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor
Yeah, a wireless audio solution seems to be hard to find these days, but if you use the audio portion of a 5Ghz audio/video solution, it's probably the simplest way to go:

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Trans.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
The audio only products use the entire bandwidth for audio so they typically send the audio data uncompressed. The combination video/audio transmitters use most of the bandwidth for video so I believe they end up compressing the audio.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, i ordered up the audioengine thingie from amazon...

thanks for all the help guys...
i'll report back...

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and at last, i'm reporting back...

it works as advertised, and i'm a happy man...

hooked up to the zone 2 pre-outs from my av7005 (getting power from the tivo), and streaming to the line-in's of a pioneer a35r downstairs (getting power from one of the outlets on that)... maybe about a 30 foot "run" (so to speak), through a floor and plaster walls...

locks on, and stays locked on... virtually no delay, when playing the same source to both zones, it is essentially seamless...

i'm reasonably impressed... considering both the "local environment" (stuffed in my rack on the transmitting end) and the "global environment" (all the rf i have flying around in my house already), i figured i might have to fiddle with it a bit to get it "solid"... but nope... plug, play, forget....

now i need another one...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.