AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a crazy question, but is there any way to route/transfer a wireless OTA signal from the antenna to the receiver (ie. like a wireless computer home network)?

In other words, rather than running a coaxial line from my rooftop antenna to my STB, does the technology exist to have a "router" at the antenna position that transmits/transfers the OTA signal wirelessly to an adapter/hub connected to the STB?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Sorry, no.

OTA is already "wireless".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry that my vernacular is not "up to snuff" for obvious experts like yourselves.

Perhaps what I am looking for is a STB set-up at the antenna itself that can be set up to broadcast those signals wirelessly through the house. Now, if anyone else cares to elaborate in a more productive manner, I would appreciate some understanding of this issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am currently using the Silver Sensor with good results, although I am still unable to pick up a few channels due to signal interference issues.

Not a huge deal...I just wanted to see if there were any other workarounds available that might solve my problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Really, anything is possible. But not everything has been implemented. I have many ideas like this that would work in theory, but no company has gone to the trouble of making the product i want. (or its too expensive) You might want to check out video4linux. If you could set up a computer with a tuner and then stream it over the network like any other video, that would probably work. Linux knowledge would be very helpful, of course. If you are doing it for just the channels, it's probably not worth it. But if you're into geek stuff for the fun of it like me, the experience would be a lot of fun.

jungle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.