AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after much troubleshooting and several calls to UTV tech support, I found out that UTV will not connect with MSN thru wireless phone jacks. I have no trouble ordering Pay Per View but could never connect to webTV. When I connected the UTV to a landline phone jack, webtv connects fine. Apparently, internet connections requires a higher quality connection. Strange but true.

Ordinarily, not getting webTV is no great loss, but connecting may be very important when upgrading to a larger HD. Hope this info is helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am using a hewlett packard electrical plug phone jack adapter for modems and it works fine for internet. I believe the unit is actually made by RCA and resold under the hp name. I purchased it at an office supply superstore.

I know this isn't wireless, but may work for you.

Btw, I had another, older, unit that was similar, but not rated for modems. It worked fine for my tivo unit and my regular directv receivers, but not for the ultimate tv. I had to buy the special one that was made for modem use. Unfortunately, my older unit was not compatible with the new one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have, on a couple of occasions, gotten my RCA wireless phone jack to work with my Sony UTV receiver. Unfortunately, even when you do connect, the throughput is unbelieveably slow. The RCA receiver can't handle anything faster than 14400.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.